Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
A road to enlightenment - Donnas Weight Journal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can Donna lose 22 pounds?
  Yes, she can - if she tries.
View Results

AmberLepu

Eloquent Businesswoman

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:55 pm
A Road to Enlightenment
Donnas' Weight Journal and Journey

-Stands up- My name is Donna and I have a problem - a problem with my weight. I'm a sixteen year old girl, just about to step into the real world, and as first impressions are everything, I feel that I should be presenting a better image of myself.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm currently 5'2 and weigh 146 pounds.
My BMI is 26.9 - overweight for my proportions, and unhealthy for my wellbeing - both physical and emotional.

My goal? My goal is to lose 22 to 27 pounds by May. Four months and twenty-two pounds to lose.

Can this be done? Do I have what it takes? We'll see. Only time and effort can tell just how much or how little I lose - so I invite you to follow me through my struggle, to see just how this tale turns out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:56 pm
Measurements

Starting Measurements

Height: 5'2
Weight: 147
BMI: 26.9
Jean Size: 12
Top Size: Large

Goal Measurements

Height: 5'2
Weight: 125-120
BMI: Under 25.0
Jean Size: 10 - 8
Top Size: Medium - Small

Starting Photos

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/Donna_the_Vixen/Amber1-1.jpg

Midway Photos

N/A

Goal Photos

N/A

AmberLepu

Eloquent Businesswoman

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200

AmberLepu

Eloquent Businesswoman

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:03 pm
Fantasy Sequence

What I will be able to wear when I meet my goal weight:

Reserved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:38 pm
The Big. The Bad. The Ugly.

Problems to Face

1. Grandmother* - cooks many very fattening things, and gets very angry if I don't eat them. eek

2. Space confinement - I only get to exercise in two places: the garage and my room. Both are small and crowded because of Grandmother

3. Noise - Only allowed to make so much noise on the pain of being screamed at by Grandmother.

4. Laziness - I tend to be lazy for...no real reason. I really need to get up and GO!

5. Diet - Can anyone say, Snackaholic? I love to snack on the WORST things possible. Chocolate? I'll have a whack at it. Double layered crunchy peanut butter? Load it on! I have got to develop better eating habits...

*Most prominent problem. xp

AmberLepu

Eloquent Businesswoman

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200

AmberLepu

Eloquent Businesswoman

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:54 am
Week 1

Monday: I got up at 7 am and had a Slimfast for breakfast, as well as some new energy gum, Mad Croc. It's supposed to give you the same amount of energy as an 8 oz. Energy Drink or one cup of espresso. In total it came out at 10 calories for the gum - not bad right? Anyways, after that I did the Wii Fitness Training for 10 minutes. Then I moved on to the Physical Attribute Test.
Today the tests were Home Run Batting, Controlled Batting, and Returning Tennis Strikes. My age came up at 34...six years higher than yesterdays 28. xp Seeing my age increase, I worked out for another 24 minutes, doing two full length games of Baseball, Tennis Targets, Returning Strikes, and Bowling. I did pretty well, and I really improved on returning strikes! Now I just have to work on curving my bowling ball...
...Anyways, when I completed that, I did 30 wall presses (basically push ups against a wall). I'm still sore from doing work on Sunday, but I won't record that just yet.
At 11:20 I had lunch. Organic Rice Krispies ( 3/4 cup) with 2% milk (2/3 a cup) and no sugar. Strangely enough, although I'm unused to it, it tastes fine without sugar. I guessed puffed rice really isn't all that bad off on its own. It was less than the serving on the box, so with just a vague guess, I'm guessing it was anywhere from 100-140 calories. I'll work them off later...

....Or not. Two hours later and I'm hungry again. Seeking a low fat solution, I eat a little cheese, only to want something more...substantial. Thus I turn to my Lean Cuisines and pick out a panini. Cheese, tomato, ranch, bacon bits, and whole chicken placed on sour dough bread...I'm in heaven. Not so good on calories though...340...ouch... I guess this counts as my dinner tonight.

Tuesday: Blarg! I forgot to write yesterday! Erm, lesse, I know I had an orange for breakfast, than I had a Slim Fast for lunch, for dinner I had a medium sized orange and a chocolate croissant.

I know. I'm terrible. But it was just so GOOD looking! I made up for it by doing 30 wall presses, 45 minutes on the Wii, and 10 crunches. sweatdrop

Wenesday: Ok. Today I started off right. I had a bowl of Weight Control oatmeal. 7 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and 160 calories of good, energy-burning stuff. I had a glass of milk to go with it, and it was gawesome...For lunch I had some noodle salad, and for dinner I ate roasted chicken with corn, mashed potatoes, and water.

Thursday: Alright than...I got up at 7am and hopped downstairs where I had a lemonade for brunch. You know, just something a bit tart and sweet to get me energized for the day. That wasn't my breakfast though, because soon afterwards I had a slimfast and my daily pill. It sustained me for most of the morning, and I'm really pleased on how well I've been avoiding snacks! Not to mention the brain energy all this exercise is giving me. I actually scored 46 questions out of 66 on a science test! Yeah yeah, I could have done better, but I only did poorly in physics - a subject I only covered for a short amount of time. Thus I'm not too broken hearted about it. It's 11:19 as I right this, the few minutes after a new workout I challenged myself to do. I own an elliptical machine, you see, so I decided to check out what kind of pre-programmed workout I had yet to try.

One was makred cardio trainer, so with high hopes I took to it. 20 minutes straight with intense levels of force against my legs, gently staring out at level one and going all the way up to level 10 (highest level)! I was a bit intimidated, but the workout was more of a deliberate stretch than running hard, so I just took my time and slowly extended my lags to compensate for my inexperiance. And it worked! According to the machine, I burned 53 carbs, 303 calories, and my top heart rate went all the way to 164! Pretty good right? I made sure to go five minutes past the workout to slowly cool down before getting off.

Now I feel much better! And speaking of better, what better way to celebrate than lunch? I think I might have some steamed veggies with brown rice, coupled by cold water. All of that came up to about 40-80 calories that I'm pretty sure I worked off...

How can I be sure? I went back to my Wii and tested my age, the total comming to 30 years. That's three less that the other day! I also played a full game of baseball, did 30 wall presses, and 30 crunches! Not all at the same time mind you...Still. I feel great. I feel powerful! I feel confident! I feel - very tired...

Thus it's time for a snack! A small apple covered in extra super-crunchy peanut butter did the trick! All that good protien and yummy substance...I feel like a new Donna.

Now at 4:32 I eat again.....and Japanese food....is the BEST!! heart
Have you ever seen some strange dish in an anime movie and wanted to try it?
I know I have, and today I decided that I would!
I started out with something really simple. In the movie, it looked to be just a piece of toast with crunchy lettuce on it, topped off by a friend egg.
Yeah, I know, not THAT exotic - but it just looksed so glamorous when the heroins mother slipped it into her mouth.

So into the kitchen I went! Egg, a little butter, toast, and a piece of lettuce. The toast and lettuce part was easy, but I was really worried about the egg...
You see, I don't have very much experiance with cooking - especially not with frying eggs. I've seen my mom do it several times and Alton Brown (He's so COOL! heart ) show the proper method...but as I tried..my stomach sank.
The yolk had broken inside the white.
It hadn't oozed out or scattered over the frying pan, but I could see the yellow substance slowly spread into a small confine of clear good while the rest of it turned white. I tried flipping it and I was sure I screwed it up, but much to my amazement, something spectacular happened!
It was flat - like a fried egg, but the white surrounded the yolk like a boiled egg and made a little egg pocket!

It came out SO good with just a little salt and pepper on top....I want it again next week, and it'll be my weekly treat to myself.

The glamorous egg toast. heart

Friday: Mmm, slept good. I then got up and cleared myself out of any and all interferance before going down towards the dreaded scale... With no hope to it, I clicked it on and made sure nothing was heavier than the last time and stepped on.

And guess what?

144.8! I lost three pounds! Now I KNOW my efforts are working and I'm more determined than ever to keep going until the rest of those 19 pounds are out of here! For breakfast, I think I'll have some weight watchers oatmeal.

For lunch I had a few pieces of skinless, white-mean chicken and a cheese buiscuit. I waited an hour before practising on Wii Sports and taking my daily test. It came out at 22!!! That's only two years above the best score on the game! I was ecstatic. So ecstatic that I played a full game of Tennis and Baseball, and won both of them! Baseball was really intense this time, and it dragged on for four innings worth of batting and pitching. I finally won in the last inning, with a score of 18 - 7. I'm so proud! I then did 30 wall presses and 10 crunches.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games