how do your beliefs affect the way you treat others? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:25 pm
If someone religious brings up the topic of religion, I will most likely be a little disdainful. ninja I don't pity them, it's THEIR choice to be a moron. For the most part, if no one shoves their belief down my throat, I will be pretty civilized about it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:10 pm
Xia Momo Capernicus
If someone religious brings up the topic of religion, I will most likely be a little disdainful. ninja I don't pity them, it's THEIR choice to be a moron. For the most part, if no one shoves their belief down my throat, I will be pretty civilized about it.
They arent being "morons" think about it, their belief in god gives them something with their lives. I actually admire the church, I once knew a hardcore alcoholic, she nearly drank herself to death she found religion and stopped drinking, her belief saved her life. Besides they probably think we are morons for not believing.  

[Hollow Point]

CrazyCatExtreme

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:53 pm
[Hollow Point]
Xia Momo Capernicus
They arent being "morons" think about it, their belief in god gives them something with their lives. I actually admire the church, I once knew a hardcore alcoholic, she nearly drank herself to death she found religion and stopped drinking, her belief saved her life. Besides they probably think we are morons for not believing.

This is true, I both pity AND admire religous people. I mean to me, I do see them as kids that still believe in Santa, and it seems silly. But at the same time WHO WOULDN'T want to go back to when they thought Santa was real. It made x-mas so much more magical. And it would be nice to think there was someone watching over me and that I'd go to heaven when I die.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:22 pm
CrazyCatExtreme
I always found that the only reasons that religous people treated others decently was because they where trying to buy their way into Heaven. One person said to me something along the lines of "if everyone had the fear of God then there wouldn't be any evil in the world." But I believe statistics show that 75% of the prison population is christian while only 0.2% are atheist. I like to treat others with respect and try to volunteer my time and be a good friend etc. Not because I want to buy my way into Heaven, but just because it's a good thing to do.

I also found that the way ppl treat animals is also influenced by their religion. I don't think Humans are so much "better" than all the other animals ( and I say OTHER animals cause science proves that we are mamals, evolved from apes although most religous people I know deny it) I don't see them as soul-less creatures that don't have feelings or personalities. And personaly I am an animal lover and with the risk of sounding like a crazed animal loving freak(which I supose I am) I have more respect for animals than for most humans.

i toatally get what u mean with the last part
i respect animals more than humans too
most can do things and think of things a human would never have thought of
animals dont kill for pleasure or because other animals are in a differnt gang >,<
they only kill for survival  

Veinlash

Cannibal Joe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:52 pm
Godless Heathen
CrazyCatExtreme
I always found that the only reasons that religous people treated others decently was because they where trying to buy their way into Heaven. One person said to me something along the lines of "if everyone had the fear of God then there wouldn't be any evil in the world." But I believe statistics show that 75% of the prison population is christian while only 0.2% are atheist. I like to treat others with respect and try to volunteer my time and be a good friend etc. Not because I want to buy my way into Heaven, but just because it's a good thing to do.

I also found that the way ppl treat animals is also influenced by their religion. I don't think Humans are so much "better" than all the other animals ( and I say OTHER animals cause science proves that we are mamals, evolved from apes although most religous people I know deny it) I don't see them as soul-less creatures that don't have feelings or personalities. And personaly I am an animal lover and with the risk of sounding like a crazed animal loving freak(which I supose I am) I have more respect for animals than for most humans.

animals dont kill for pleasure or because other animals are in a differnt gang >,<

Have you ever seen a house cat? Those things kill anything and play with the bodies, i don't consider taht much of survival, and some animals do kill other animals for not being in the same pack. Animals are very violent creatures, this includes humans. But to the subject at hand, I don't treat anyone differently because of their beliefes. I try and respect them for their choices. For me, it just wasn't logical to believe in a all powerful David Copperfield. Plus, I also treat animals like other omnivors treat animals, potential food.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:57 pm
it depends...  

Metals_Gospel

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:06 pm
Godless Heathen
CrazyCatExtreme

How cliche.
As Joe already stated, animals are just as violent as humans, it's not just for survival. Have you ever seen a pack of dogs? What happens when one is injured? It is killed, it is a weakness to the rest of the pack so they kill it. They not only kill other animals that are in different "gangs" but they kill animals in their own "gang".
Go back to school.

Quote:
This is true, I both pity AND admire religous people. I mean to me, I do see them as kids that still believe in Santa, and it seems silly. But at the same time WHO WOULDN'T want to go back to when they thought Santa was real. It made x-mas so much more magical. And it would be nice to think there was someone watching over me and that I'd go to heaven when I die.

I agree, I rather like the idea that there is somewhere to go when I die, especially if it is a paradise as Heaven is described. I like your Santa example, but when you believed in Santa it was also a simpler time in life, a time when you didnt have to deal with everything you have to deal with now.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:29 am
I try not to treat anyone differently because they are religious and I'm not, but mostly religious people I've met just preach to me and judge non-religious people, so it's hard. My boyfriend and best friend are Christians but neither have ever preached to me and I don't think they even believe it. They just go to church but don't listen to a damn thing, lol.  

God Save The Vampires

~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces