Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pick a calender, any calender Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:01 am
A slightly modified Persian Solar Calendar.
Modified in that it's based from my current location, rather than the Persian (Iranian) capital (Tehran).
The version we use is more in line with the Achaemenian and, to a lesser extent, Yazdgerdi calendars, rather than the Lunar version the Muslims forced on Persia, and the later reconstruction under the Pahlavi Dynasty.
We do keep some portions of Pahlavi's reconstruction, but reject the standardization of days in a month, rather, basing the years start point from the Vernal Equinox and is event based, rather than numericly based.
Meaning, the Vernal Equinox is always the first day of Farvardeen (rough transliteration).  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:09 pm
Secular is focused on the US. Standard. Religious observiences depend upon the holiday in question.  

TeaDidikai

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:53 pm
you just reminded me I don't have 2007 calendar.

I usually use Gregorian, and then convert to Discordian when I have the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:32 am
I find it amusing. My family almost always buys calenders as Christmas gifts. I usually end up with three from three different sides of my family. And I always end up getting another one because no matter how many times I tell them what I want, no one ever buys the correct one for me.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces