Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
NinjaRapunzel's Weightloss Journal--WEEEEEEEE!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:41 pm
January 26, 2007
6:39pm

Hello this is my first journal specifically(sp?) for my weightloss. Yay I'm excited.

A little about me, my name is Nikki, I'm 20 years old, and in college. When I left high school I was about 130 pounds, then I gained 15 from being in college and not getting as much exercise as I did in high school. Now I added on another 10 pounds because I live with my father while going to college, and he only buys processed foods. (I made a list but his stupid girlfriend only remembers the junk food I like)

So I'm 5'3" and 155 pounds--last I checked...wait...152 pounds! whee

Current Cravings: Potato Chips & dip, chocolate something (I don't care what the something is), pop (soda/cola)

Current Weightloss Plan: Have an aerobics class on Tuesdays & Thursdays for an hour each. Trying to do something on days I don't have aerobics, for example 100 sit-ups and 30 hour of jogging/walking.
I definitely want to do a cardio work out before any kind of toning, but that's a given.

Target Weight: 130 pounds (size 7-9ish)

My thoughts: This'll be kind of hard, I feel like I've lost the love of exercising after I moved. I feel like a sloth. And now I'm whining (sorry) My bf isn't helping--not on purpose, just the whole thing "hey it's ok, I like you just the way you are" sort of thing.

I just keep reminding myself that it'll be worth it, I'll be able to sleep better, and I'll be able to eat what I want without feeling guilty about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:09 pm
January 29, 2007 (This is my 1 year anniversary of moving from my hometown. cry
Monday
3:00pm

So I did exercise on Friday, but unfortunately I didn't have enough discipline to do it the rest of the weekend. sweatdrop *slaps own hand* bad me!

I have created a new goal: Work out between classes (I have 3 hour gaps gonk ) So I should use that time wisely.

Current Cravings: Pop like a mad ******** (think it's just because of my menstruation) I don't even drink it that often.

Exercise done today: I walked to the pharmacy since I don't have a car, it was a little over a mile there and back.

My thoughts: I have been weighing myself just to see how I'm doing, and the scale said I lost 3 pounds...which doesn't make sense. I didn't even exercise that much. The stupid thing is broken so I have to be careful where I stand on it.  

NinjaRapunzel

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:02 am
February 1, 2007
Thursday
11:53am

Well I didn't get to exercising between classes on Monday and Wednesday. (I have aerobics Tuesday and Thursday so sometimes I just walk for half an hour after that class) Monday I had too much crap with me as it was and I had to walk to the pharmacy to get my drugs (I don't have a car so I can't store things/drive anywhere)

Current Cravings: Bacon Cheeseburger & pop...Which I ate... (pop most likely because of my menstruation)

Exercise done today
: I will be going to Aerobics at 2pm (such a fun class 3nodding ) and I know it's working, one part of my body or another is sore for the next few days. xd

My thoughts: "Junk food tastes good because it's bad for you" So damn true... gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:15 pm
February 5, 2007
Monday
3:06pm

So once again I had another weekend of not exercising... It also didn't help that yesterday was the super bowl, and I went to a party with orgasmic food.
scream I'm doing horribly at this (and only have myself to blame) and I just feel absolutely unhealthy today.

So I'll do what my acedemic learning class tells me, make a short term goal, so my Current Short Term Goal: To go to the SAC (school's gym) and work out during my break on Wednesday.

Current Cravings
: Potato chips & dip, which I had some earlier this week as a reward to myself--I got a B+ on my college algebra (basically algebra II), and I have an 88 over-all in the class. 3nodding

Exercise TO BE done today: Situps, and lots of them, when I get home from school.

My thoughts: I really feel good emotionally right now, the grade in Algebra just made me so happy...I've been struggling in Algebra since high school. That was part of my problem last semster, I gained weight because of all the stress of my bad grades and homesickness. But I'm definitely looking forward to it being turned completely around. 3nodding  

NinjaRapunzel

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:22 am
February 7, 2007 (One week until valentines day)
Wednesday
12:38pm

Ok so today's journal will be a little different. My other reasons for loosing weight and keeping it off, these are things I can't really cure.

1. Both types of Diabetes runs on both sides of my family
(two uncles on my dad's side, one uncle & his daughter/my cousin on my mom's side) I might be lucky and never get it (might during pregnancy but I'll explain that later), but unfortunately my children might not be so lucky. (Please mind you they're still in the cosmos)

2. Heart Problems/High blood pressure on both sides of my family also. The last few times I went to the doctor my blood pressure was WAY up, but that was only because I was nervous and I know I was because I took it at home and it was normal again.

3. I have PCOS, or Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome, which is the most common form of infertility in women. (Please note, infertile & sterile are totally different) Which I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the ladies in this guild have it as well. Anywho, it can cause me to have a harder time getting pregnant, but then also trying to get the weight off and keeping it off.
Some of the symptoms include, irregular or no menstruations, acne, oily skin, just to name a few.
But one of the symptoms I do have is my least favorite: Severe cramps, I'd get it to the point of vomiting. And of course there are several ways to help the PCOS: BIRTH CONTROL! (I'm sorry but I absolutely love it 4laugh ) And of course a healthy diet and lots of exercise.

I've added a couple sites that I suggest that all females (who have started or have been menstruating)
PCOS WomenToWomen.com
Wikipedia: PCOS
WebMD PCOS

New goal: I've been meaning to add this but I keep forgetting, I have terrible posture while sitting. I used to be able to have a very straight back, but somewhere between high school & first years of college I began to slouch, a lot. sweatdrop and now my back gets sore from sitting badly.

Reviewing my current goals:
1. Lose 20-25 pounds
2. Exercise between classes--which I'm starting today! (as I had I planned in previous entries)
3. Work on my "sitting posture"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:39 pm
February 10, 2007
Monday
4:30 PM

I did exercise this weekend but not for very long, I walked to work (it was a mile so about a 25min walk). But that's all I did. cry sweatdrop

I had every intention to bring my work-out stuff for today between classes, but I had a test that I needed to study for and I'm not one of those kids who can multi-task while exercising.

Current Cravings: Chips & dip of course gonk

To be done today: Sit-ups, about 100, 50 normal, 50 obliques

Current Goals & how they're going:
1. Posture, I keep reminding myself to sit up which is good because normally I totally don't even notice until my back hurts. 3nodding
2. Working out between classes, today with the exception, I showed myself how easy it really was last Wednesday and look forward to doing it again! heart
3. Losing 20-25 pounds...so far I'm not even sure if I lost anything... sweatdrop

My thoughts: I can do it! whee  

NinjaRapunzel

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:44 am
February 25, 2007
Sunday
11:42am

Ahhh, shame on me! I haven't been updating this as much as I should be!

Well the bf & I have been fighting so that's been causing a lot of stress. Not to mention I'm menstruating so I'm extra tired & lazy right now. But I will make up for last weeks lazyness this coming week. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 am
March 7, 2007
Wednesday
1:09pm

I'm on spring break right now, which is really nice. 3nodding

Now I did recently weigh myself, and now the scale is saying I lost 5 pounds, which is nice, but that really doesn't seem right? But then I remind myself I'm not as stressed out as much as I was last semester, and I am working out twice a week because of my aerobics class.

And the reason why I feel like it doesn't make sense is because my pants are still tight & I haven't been eating as many veggies as I should be. sweatdrop

Oh well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts if it's just a fluke.

Current Cravings
: Nothing at the moment (which is strange but I'm not hungry right now)

Exercise to be done today
: If I don't go to the gym, then 100 sit-ups, and 50 squats.
Current weight: 150 pounds, lost 5 pounds!  

NinjaRapunzel

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:16 am
March 17, 2007 (St. Patty's Day)
Saturday
1:41pm

Well this one is going to be different. I'm going to rant about the stresses in my life right now:

My boyfriend broke up with me
on the 15th, (THE IDES OF MARCH!!!), but he was very nice about it. He had tears in his eyes, when he did it but for some reason that made me feel better. He also said that he still cared about me, and to call him if I ever needed anything. We don't hate each other, and neither of us were resentful. I honestly feel like I can still say "Hi" to him if I randomly run into him & it won't be a bad thing. He said he felt the same. As much as I am sad, I think I'm lucky that this went over so well. I know, like I said, I will be able to say hi, he still keeps in contact with some of his ex-girlfriends. He's just a nice guy.

The reason why it didn't work out is because he wants me to stand up for myself, and also we never seemed to talk, like long conversations about things that. My personal problem with him was that I couldn't tell him what I thought he was doing wrong, without him acting like I had no idea what I was talking about.

My granny is in the hospital with pneumonia.
She'll be ok, but of course I worry about any of my older relatives dying. I also feel selfish that I'm more upset about my break up, than my granny. sweatdrop But like I said, she'll be fine. (She's only 6 cool

I'm kind of worried about my grades...I know I won't fail anything, but I want to make sure I at least get C+. So far I know I have 2 A's, the others I'm not entirely sure of.

Current weight:
150ish (I'm scared to see if I gained that other 5 pounds back that I thought I lost)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:24 pm
heart Mad props b/c you started on my birthday, that just means you'll succeed b/c I'm super lucky~! heart  

Soi Tsuba

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:21 am
Soi Tsuba
heart Mad props b/c you started on my birthday, that just means you'll succeed b/c I'm super lucky~! heart

Aww thanks! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:12 pm
Shame on me! It's been forever!

Quick Synopsis: Haven't gained back that 5 pounds, so that's 5/25 I wanted to loose! whee And school's done in about 3 weeks!  

NinjaRapunzel

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:07 pm
Shame on me yet again! I really need to get back into my routine of working out!

I'm still about 152 pounds so I didn't gain back everything, thank GAWD.

But now I've been having a lot of stomach/intestinal problems--or possible "female problems". I'm crossing my fingers it's the stomach/intestinal problems. If I have anymore female ones, I'm scared they're going to tell me I can't have kids--which is my worst fear.

...I'm going to come back here more, this is a healthy guild, and I'd like to stay healthy.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:13 pm
it's been about ten days, how are you doing, don't give up~!  

Soi Tsuba

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff