Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mr. Dark Stories Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boadicia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:39 am
jaden kendam
TeaDidikai
Boadicia

As of now, both of them are single. The friend insists she has no romantic feelings for my ex and has blown him off completely. Everyone has stopped trying to figure them out.
Dollars to doughnuts, ten years down the road if you were to ask her about it she would say she had no idea what she was thinking.

Yeah, when she quit playing fantasy land.

I don't know. She's really out there, like outer-space-out-there. Then again, one can hope. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:49 pm
Boadicia

I don't know. She's really out there, like outer-space-out-there. Then again, one can hope. xd
Most... (not all, but most) Mr. Darks do grow up.  

TeaDidikai

Astenwroth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:25 pm
So being the curious sort of individual I was as a youth, yet being percieved as the good Mormon boy, I was without alot of sources in information leaving me to discover and explore on my own. So of course first vocal and willing to talk to me pagans I encounter is a large band of ecclectics with a sprinkling of Mr. Darks amonst them.

They were 'The Family' and according to them had control over all the places of power in the area. If you wanted to practice in specific groves or areas you had to join them or beg their permission. They had a rank structure and they were lead by a vampire. I was warned to watch out for unmarked white work vans as these were government vans wanting to monitor them and possibly recruit them into supernatural government programs.

The one that I recall most vividly was JP, who when I first met him he was a Ghoul Necromancer servant of one of the vampires. Later, a new book came out so he was a werewolf. Then awhile later he was a Mage. I recall for awhile I was evil and of the Wyrm.. Later my skill with computers and technology moved me into the realm of the Technocracy. I was out to get him. About that time I was introduced White Wolf's World of Darkness and saw where he was getting his stuff from and stopped paying him so much attention.

However The Family was rather upset as we were occultists not part of their group, kept to ourselves and didn't share. Obviously we were part of a different group. So we created an imaginary one. And put ourselves at the bottom of it's totem pole. Because no one would ever pretend to be a peon. So obviously we must truly be part of some larger organization!

After a few people being beaten or ostracized, some internal rifts and the vampire queen getting a day job.. That group finaly broke apart.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:37 pm
Astenwroth
So being the curious sort of individual I was as a youth, yet being percieved as the good Mormon boy, I was without alot of sources in information leaving me to discover and explore on my own. So of course first vocal and willing to talk to me pagans I encounter is a large band of ecclectics with a sprinkling of Mr. Darks amonst them.

They were 'The Family' and according to them had control over all the places of power in the area. If you wanted to practice in specific groves or areas you had to join them or beg their permission. They had a rank structure and they were lead by a vampire. I was warned to watch out for unmarked white work vans as these were government vans wanting to monitor them and possibly recruit them into supernatural government programs.

The one that I recall most vividly was JP, who when I first met him he was a Ghoul Necromancer servant of one of the vampires. Later, a new book came out so he was a werewolf. Then awhile later he was a Mage. I recall for awhile I was evil and of the Wyrm.. Later my skill with computers and technology moved me into the realm of the Technocracy. I was out to get him. About that time I was introduced White Wolf's World of Darkness and saw where he was getting his stuff from and stopped paying him so much attention.

However The Family was rather upset as we were occultists not part of their group, kept to ourselves and didn't share. Obviously we were part of a different group. So we created an imaginary one. And put ourselves at the bottom of it's totem pole. Because no one would ever pretend to be a peon. So obviously we must truly be part of some larger organization!

After a few people being beaten or ostracized, some internal rifts and the vampire queen getting a day job.. That group finaly broke apart.

White Wolf seems to be a huge target for people to think that they are really of. Also all the talk of, "I am a dragon warrior and I fight evil with my magickal sword and dagger."  

jaden kendam

Astenwroth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:16 pm
jaden kendam

White Wolf seems to be a huge target for people to think that they are really of. Also all the talk of, "I am a dragon warrior and I fight evil with my magickal sword and dagger."
You'd be amazed (or horrified) by the number of people I've met that define themselves as gypsies and who's main source of information on the subject was WoD: Gypsy.

Almost as bad as Otakukin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:00 pm
Astenwroth
jaden kendam

You'd be amazed (or horrified) by the number of people I've met that define themselves as g~ and who's main source of information on the subject was WoD: G~.

Might want to edit out the G word, as its a racial slur.  

PhantomPhoenix0

Astenwroth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:48 am
PhantomPhoenix0
Astenwroth
jaden kendam

You'd be amazed (or horrified) by the number of people I've met that define themselves as gypsy and who's main source of information on the subject was WoD: Gypsy.

Might want to edit out the G word, as its a racial slur.

Why? Is it any less accurate or true? Does anyone else embody a slur more then someone who steals someone elses culture to make them feel special without any research or understanding into that culture other then what they see in popular media? And in the second case, it's an actual product. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I see black people reffering to themselves as niggers. If someone wants to identify themselves as a slur. I say let them. If the name fits. Wear it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:32 am
That dragon topic in the ED is one of these isn't it?

I can't remember it's title, it went on for hundreds of pages I think..  

Deo_Machina

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:53 am
Deo_Machina

"Is the human soul a good place for dragons" or something like that. I remember people in M&R using that as an example of craptitude.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:43 am
jaden kendam
Deo_Machina

"Is the human soul a good place for dragons" or something like that. I remember people in M&R using that as an example of craptitude.

"The human body is no place for a dragon's soul."

That was it!  

Deo_Machina

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:51 pm
Astenwroth
Why? Is it any less accurate or true? Does anyone else embody a slur more then someone who steals someone elses culture to make them feel special without any research or understanding into that culture other then what they see in popular media?

If someone wants to identify themselves as a slur. I say let them. If the name fits. Wear it.
My position, and that of my family, is that by using the slur, it remains "acceptable".

The fact of the matter is:
It is a slur and thus is against the ToS of Gaia

It is offensive to many of those who have been called it who belong to the ethnic group in question

There are individuals who deny the existance of legit groups because of the mythos present around that word.

Its very use furthers the ignorance that many groups such as Lolo Diklo and others are trying to fight.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff