Submit

This is one of the best!
  yeah!
  what's that?
View Results

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:53 am
this is one of my all time favorite book! 4laugh The story is both sad and yet entertaining at the same time. It is a serious book but definitely for both adults and children.

So... has anyone other than me read the book or seen the animated film?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:38 am
I've been watching the movie for as long as I can remember (and I finally bought it last year) and I read the book a couple of years ago. Freaking fantastic! mrgreen  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

McFlyenstein

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:17 am
I love both of them
since like...forever  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:17 pm
I've seen the movie, I haven't yet read the book.

3nodding  

Tarantellatears

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:05 pm
Yes, it is the best! you should also try reading the book.... I never get tired of it.. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:34 pm
This book is a classic. There is a sequel fianlly coming out. There also was a short-story in a fantasy magazine (can't remember the title of the mag.) that is supposed to connect the two stories. I believe the short story is called The Two Hearts.

Tamsin is also a great story by him.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:39 pm
I agree, I liked Tamsin. I'd probably like it a lot better if I knew anything about British myth and folklore, but I don't, so I probably missed out on quite a bit of it. It was still a good book, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:34 am
I checked it out! whee  

Tarantellatears

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:50 am
Maze353
This book is a classic. There is a sequel fianlly coming out. There also was a short-story in a fantasy magazine (can't remember the title of the mag.) that is supposed to connect the two stories. I believe the short story is called The Two Hearts.

Tamsin is also a great story by him.

NightIntent
I agree, I liked Tamsin. I'd probably like it a lot better if I knew anything about British myth and folklore, but I don't, so I probably missed out on quite a bit of it. It was still a good book, though.

hmm... I haven't heard of that... seems interesting... I'll look for the book! heehee what is it about?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:39 pm
It's a bit hard to explain without giving away the entire plot of the book. n.n" Basically, there's this girl who grew up in New York (I think it was New York), and her mother remarries and they relocate to England, into this house. The house happens to be haunted by this woman named Tamsin, who can't pass on for some reason that she doesn't remember. The book is pretty much about the girl's search to discover the reason why Tamsin can't leave, and she encounters all kinds of strange creatures and things along the way, including the billy-blind and a pooka. Very interesting. I didn't like it at first, but then I found that I just couldn't put it down.  

NightIntent
Captain

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:36 am
ooooh! I'll definitely look for the book! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:17 pm
I bought the DVD of it it's at Target 25 years

I love this story bitter sweet in its beauty

the music in the movie scks though  

murphyad

Meggie Bacon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:26 pm
I read the book and saw the animated film a few years ago and finally got the chance to buy both recently. I've re-watched the film and am currently rereading the novel. Wonderful book. And since it's the 40th edition, it has Two Hearts included in it along with an interview with Beagle. I can't wait to get that far! I think that Schmendrick the Magician is my favorite character in the book, though.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games