Reply The Music Artists Guild
Karaoke! Helpful or not???? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMasterOfReality

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:14 pm
I say strike up a group of performers and get other people to play the required instruments while you sing. The reason I say this is because when they take out the vocals on karaoke CDs, sometimes they take out some harmony and botch it a little. And, as they said earlier, with a normal recording, sometimes the artist's voice owerpowers the person performing.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:13 pm
Colt38Model1902
I say strike up a group of performers and get other people to play the required instruments while you sing. The reason I say this is because when they take out the vocals on karaoke CDs, sometimes they take out some harmony and botch it a little. And, as they said earlier, with a normal recording, sometimes the artist's voice owerpowers the person performing.

Who are you talking to?  

kyogoku-san

_t 0 f u u

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:52 pm
karaoke sometimes are really helpful...
but to me... they aren't..

i'm not for karaoke..'coz they grade u wrong  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:48 am
Karoake should be a last resort - if there are no good accompanists/bands available. A good accompanist or band will let you take your own tempo and make the song your own!  

moosiklady

_t 0 f u u

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:10 pm
uh...karaoke is ok..but sometimes its music is really different from the
original (which everyone goes along)...

just add some originality to it and love it 3nodding

but then..i agree with her (person on the top)
USE A BAND OR AND ACCOMPANIST if u have one
for best results....it'll sound perfectly great!
(if you're accompanist is good and kno what you want, and you kno
what he/she wants)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:28 am
kariokie can be good...unless u let my friend sing when drunk...poor boozer Katie and the wanting to go to the lounge...but anyway...it all depends if the person is an ok singer cuz its not good if the singer is Butchering you fav song  

Dojigomiru

_t 0 f u u

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:26 am
Dojigomiru
kariokie can be good...unless u let my friend sing when drunk...poor boozer Katie and the wanting to go to the lounge...but anyway...it all depends if the person is an ok singer cuz its not good if the singer is Butchering you fav song

hahaha. that's something to remember xD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:22 am
Emily da Strange
I'm all for Karoke! I can't stand it when people sing right along with original versions for performances, because a lot of the time you can't even really here the persons voice, only the artist. And, for me at least, it's disappointing to see. I would practice just with the karoke version rather then the original and work out all the kinks before the show.

I couldn't have said it better myself whee  

amaryllis_odorite

baby_beanie13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:54 pm
I personally like karaoke most of the time but it is definitely true that they usually change the song majorly when they switch it to karaoke. All of my teachers say that karaoke is bad for you though, but I have no clue why...maybe they dont want you to be imitating the original artist exactly which is what people tend to do  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff