Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Manga][Rin!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold.
  Yaay.
View Results

Ouka of Heaven and Hell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:57 pm
Okay, I just wanted to know, has anyone had read this manga? I just recently got it from the book store and it's reaaaally good, and reaaaaally well-drawn.

It's about this Junior in high school, Katsura, who has problems with anxiety. It all started when he was little, and he rode his older brother's bike down a hill and closed his eyes halfway down. His dad saved him, but got hit by a car. During surgury at the hospital, his brother and his brother's best friend, Sou, came running in. Sou hugged Katsura, and told him that whenever he felt scared, he would give him a "squeeze" and everything would be alright.
Back to present time, Sou is still Katsura's brother's best friend, and they've been "sqeezing" for years whenever a big event would come up for Katsura. He's never actually thought of Sou in a romantic manner before, and he's afraid that he's the reason Sou isn't able to get a girlfriend. Secretly though, Sou is also feeling that he's holding Katsura back from truly overcomming his anxiety.
Matters become worse when Katsura's best friend Koichi starts to hit on Sou.

IT'S AWESOME. If you haven't read it, you must.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:40 am
I've read it. I have a poster of it on my wall that I got at Yaoi-con ^_^

Anyway, I really like the manga. I like the fact that it's not all about jumping in bed and that there are sweet, complicated emotions at work. Not only that, but the archery theme is pretty interesting. Archery in Japan has such a different form from what you see in the US, having a manga that shows that is just interesting. Granted, it's not a super sports oriented work like Prince of Tennis or Hikaru no Go, but it does revolve around that quite a bit.

It's a nice thick book and it's really sweet heart More people should pick it up and read it!  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Yofiel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:04 am
They have that at the bookshop I go to for manga :O The art looks nice (I like that the style isn't extremely girly... There's nothing wrong with girly guys mind you, I love them as much as any XD I just like to see some yaoi where the guys actually look like guys razz ) I'll be sure to check it out next time I go. It looked cool, and the story intrigues me X)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:45 pm
I loved that manga.
It was so cute, and had just the right amount of fluffiness that I like. wink  

MooMooJuice

Chibi Cheeks78

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:13 pm
I frikkin love that series. At first I wasn't sure about it but then I found out that one of my favorite artists did the art for it. I can't think of her name right now but she did a couple of books that DMP has: Desire and Sweet Revolution.

The begining was kind of lame but it got better towards the end. I thought it was a one shot but it turns out it's a series.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games