Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
TomxHarry.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it possible?
  yes
  no
View Results

wonkyspoon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:00 pm
It's, erm . . . interesting, I'll give it that. But totally, completely unbelievable. But I would read a story that someone thought particularly good -- and who knows. Maybe I'd become a fan.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:04 pm
I just do not understand this pairing. Harry would never go for Riddle. And I don't see why people like it. I'm not bashing anyone who does like it... I would just like to know why.  

CuppaT

ChellitaRiho

Dapper Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:22 pm
It's not one of my faves, but if written well and explained, it could be possible. I just read one where a potion was spilt on some parchment with a serpent on it and *POOF* Riddle is standing in the classroom[it was a time portal] He ends up getting with Draco, who wants Harry, who is a lil Dark! and they have a triad and end up in love... Interesting to say the least.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:25 pm
I like it, but I have yet to explore it.

Plus, every time Harry goes in the pensieve with Dumbledore in HBP, he's always noticing how handsome Tom is. Hm...  

Yoriq the Gloomy Jester

queerduck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:45 pm
Yeah. If Harry went back fifty years in time. And then I would see Tom raping Harry....I don't...yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:01 pm
This is actually one of my favorite pairings.

It was also the first Slash pairing I read. So that might be some of the reasons why I'm so found of it.

Another reason might be because some of the best stories I've read is Harry/Tom. Batsutousai on fanfiction.net is the goddess of the Harry/Tom pairing. Nearly all of her stories involve the two of them being together.

One of her best stories is called Abandon. Her story is canon till 5th, or 6th year? I don't quite remember, since it's been two years since I read it, or something like that.

Another example is Irreversible Destiny by SheWolfe7 on fanfiction.net. That story is truly a piece of art. And it's realistic in how, and why Harry got into a relationship with Voldemort. It's also a Severitus as well. It's brilliant, because it has a very advanced plot, it's filled with exciting elements, and it doesn't solely focus on the romance. Her writing is far superior to most authors that I've read from.

Another highly recommended fic for Harry/Tom lovers, or curious people, is Chasing Shadows by Cally E. Larson. Also on fanfiction.net.
Her plot is just as original as SheWolfe7's is. It's fantastically written, and it has a lot of depth in it. It's completly AU, and it takes twists in Harry's childhood and birth. It's also several chapters untill Harry arrives at Hogwarts, but it is not dragged out at all. And it's never boring. Every chapter makes you want to read more, to find out more about Voldemort and Harry's pasts. And it's filled with alot of character developments. It's beautifully written. Definetly an equal to my loved Irreversible Destiny.

Another one that I just have to recommend is a fanfic that I'm reading right at this moment. I have it on my alerts, and the 14th chapter was just posted.

This is The Dark Cyan Star's Heaven Shine A Light Down On Me.

It's truely a wonderful AU fanfic. Harry is a necromancer. And Voldemort has to fight for Harry's loyalty with Lady Death. Where the fic is now, Harry is in his fifth year at Hogwarts.
I've been a fan of Dar Cyan Star's fanfiction for quite some time. She's also written one, and are currently writing another one, of the rare pairing Harry/Fenrir. Be sure to take a look at her amazing fanfictions!

..errr... Well, I'm done advertising now.. ^^;;  

Dragon In A Tree

Variyal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:39 pm
Tromper
I'm fond of this pairing and have found some really good stories of it. I can see why y'all say that in Cannon that they whould not be in love, but when you find the right story with this pairing you can get hooked! xd

What are the stories? Because I really do like this pairing. I don't love it because it's not my favorite because I have many favorites and I love many pairings and this one is not up that igh, but I still enjoy this. So, can you list the stories, their author's and the websites?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:57 am
I think this is the best pairing ever... and contrary to popular belief, it's almost never rape, but almost always depict the relationship of two equals "mark him as his equal" wink unlike Snarry for instance. I even read Voldie/Harry, which is slightly different, but not much so - a little more likely to go dark and angsty.

The recommended Abandon/Reclaim from Batsutousai was my favourite for quite a while, though it's not believable at all - it's simply humor. The one from SheWolfe7 I didn't like so much, though the story was okay, I just got bored of the clothes' descriptions biggrin The other two I will check out this instant! smile

Now for the recommendations: anyone who would like to give Tom/Harry a try should check out Devil's Advocate and the sequel, Love, Blood & Rhetoric from Ophidiae. It's very short (uh, about 40 pages alltogether?), finished, safe to try smile No rape, no dark!Harry, romance at the end and the best way to finish Voldie *ever* Pretty believable, too, though it's so old there isn't any mention of Horcruxes even, but it might work with what we learned of them from book seven... This is the link, because Google will give you *my* Hungarian translation if you try to search it :O I'm famous or what? XD
http://rose.aithine.org/ - go in, then first thing you see on the welcome page.

If you want to read something longer, believable and humorous, read Kiss or Kill from Mortalus. This is Tom/Harry, too, so no Voldie, and the very best of the pairing in my opinion. This one is on FFN.

I would make a list of good Tom/Harrys if only I had more time.. :/ I've read a lot more, in fact, I think I've read almost all there is, or at least all that was recommended by someone, because I got tired of reading trash.

...in fact, I was thinking... I believe I've only read two rape fics from this pairing... lot less than from others, but don't make me rec them smile I'm absolutely into romance and happy ending smile  

DrogSeTiid

bleakdesolation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:47 am
I absolutely love this pairing one of my favorites. Although it usually has Tom OOC but it's still really good. I did read one where Harry was OOC and he switched to "The Dark Side." It was good and very interesting.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:24 pm
this is one of the best pairings, if done correctly. one of them has to switch sides, or something else completely drastic happens.
plus, could you imagine? a young, hot Tom Riddle, with harry.

i have read some REALLY good fics with this pairing.

One Winged Angel by Shivani on ff.net there was a new prophecy, and it has another explination for why voldi went bad int he first place. increadable story, heres a teaser, the prophecy.

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord
Was born as the seventh month died,
But the one-winged angel could not overcome
The bond with his mate, though he tried.
All unknowing of this quirk of fate,
Taught to hate and scorn and despise,
Did the angel try to kill his bonded
Led as he was by madness and lies.
Should the twain overcome the deceit
And save each other from similar fates,
The bonds of blood and soul and heart
Will banish forever the darkest of hates.

another of my favs is actually a threesome, with LV/HP/LM, called The Tattoo by Bleudiablo. VERY graphic, NOT for children. i don't remember where i found it, google it if your interested. or i could e-mail it to you, if you ask.

i think most pairings should be given a fair try, except really icky ones like Hagrid and Dobby, you may just find you like them!  

sakura570

9,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100

Tamsyn Marvene Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:58 am
I heart THIS PAIRING! SO HOT!

I love fics when Harry finally figures out that Dumbles is a manipulative SOB (this is true, please don't argue, Harry is merely a pawn) and goes to talk to Voldie to arrange a truce/to join him and they end up lovers... anyone with me?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:24 pm
It's odd, but really I'm picky with the pairing. I'm not a fan of AU from VERY early years. However, my favourite Tom/Harry one was actually also a H/D. They went back in time and Tom had taken a liking to him.

Then there is another with just Tom/Harry where Harry goes back in time and falls in love with Tom, despite everything he wants. It's written on aff.net called "Thread of Time".

Then again, I just love time-travel fics.

LilMeady

Shi-koi

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:50 pm

::dies from the happiness that is tomxharry::

I have a serious weakness for this pairing, and it doesn't matter if it's Tom Riddle, Voldemort or any incarnation in-between. I like it when Tom's good, bad, evil, when Harry's good, dark, utterly evil (and so cute)...whatever.

I do prefer deep, long, involved, plot-driven fics, but I have been known to search out a good PWP when the urge to read hits.

Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff