Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Art that stopped you from reading manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:36 am
I'm put off by guys that look overly buff or are too feminine.

Buff guys are just eew to look at in the first place. It doesn't matter how good the story is, I just don't want to look at them. I'll tollerate a manga with a buff guy that is a minor character that doesn't show up much.

If a guy looks too feminine, I'm going to think that he might as well have been a girl in the first place. Why pair up two guys in a romantic situation when one doesn't even look like a guy. It seems pointless.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:44 am
Delcie
Any yaoi you stopped reading because you just couldn't take the art? Any that you can't try, even if other people tell you it's great, because the art is so off-putting? Story is so important, but there are some series I just can't bear to look at even when the story is great!

>.< Gravitation. The art in that pissed the hell out of me.  

Itinerant

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:14 am
I'm having trouble reading Monster the Manga. (it isn't yaoi but it's slashable <3) itlookslike a sunday-newspaper cartoon strip x.x  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:58 pm
I'll tell you what drives me crazy, artwork-wise, now. TINY NOSES ;__; as seen in Ultra-Maniac and Petshop of Horrors. Pointy chins, broad shoulders, alright sure. But please give them enough nose to breathe with.

I sort of force myself to keep reading if I really like the story but not the art. I'll just go "ewww that's atrocious" and keep going. I'll just picture the characters a little differently in my mind, know what I'm sayin? cool But I will admit that I never really grew into Under the Full Moon. (or Until. I don't remember. I think it's Until. Yeah, sure. Either way it's by the same manga-ka that did Fake) But then again I was never really interested; I thought the plot was a little cheesy, personally talk2hand

Tomqueen

Serjo Sammie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:54 pm
Anything drawn by Fumi Yoshinaga revolts me. It just cannot bear to look at the art, it's way too... ugh. *shudder* It's ridiculously simple. Oh, and Gravitation. HIDEOUS.
I mean, Our Kingdom was ugly and creepy in a ***** way, but I loved the story enough to get over the fact that every blonde uke had exactly the same little boy face. Some things, though, just aren't forgiveable.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 am
Eh, I'm not that picky with my manga.

But, I've never been able to read Our Kigdom. The style is just... off-putting.>.< I've read Alone in my Kings Harem; the stories were great and the art was beautiful, but the ukes were just too feminine. It didn't feel like yaoi anymore! sweatdrop  

PentagonBuddy

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:26 pm
The new Return to Labyrinth manga is supposed the have some slight BL in it but I just couldn't bring myself to read it. The artwork on the front is gorgeous but the actually manga itself is...not so gorgeous and done by a totally different artist. It's not the worst art in the world but it could be better.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:31 pm
there are a lot of manga that put me off withe the art work.
I mean take some of the oldre stuff from the 80's and 90's. I could not get into one of the gundoms(sp) because the art to me was so confussing. I was watching Apple Seed with some friends of mine and we could not consontrate on the move because the art style was so weird. Now as for the yaoi there was this one short that I tried reading in yaoi hentai that I could not finish the work bugged me to no end so eventually I just skipped it. yeah  

Shiechan

Dental Damnation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:50 pm
I tried reading Boy Princess but I just really didn't like the art. Everyone looked too much alike to me. Plus the storyline was too confusing for me too. But that art style just really annoyed me stressed sorry to anyone who loves Boy Princess though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:44 pm
hmm there are times when they make the en to burly and its hard to read w/ it or at times were the guys are to femmy that it just hurts. I perfer guys to look i dunno attractive but not uber femmy and still masculine but not burly. And talking about annoying art no art is more annoying then those found in the animer Akagi, those who seen it understand. The nose that can poke an eye out.  

Chakura

Chakura

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:46 pm
[Romiette]
The new Return to Labyrinth manga is supposed the have some slight BL in it but I just couldn't bring myself to read it. The artwork on the front is gorgeous but the actually manga itself is...not so gorgeous and done by a totally different artist. It's not the worst art in the world but it could be better.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OMG i remember when that movie came out the labyrinth was my fav movie. Oh wow brings back memories also the cover art reminds me of the art form Alichino...which btw is prty and have tones of BL  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff