Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
The Orange Juice Diet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sarena128

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:31 am
Okay, it's cold and flu season and lets face it. We all get sick.
How dose it effect your dieting?
Do you continue to watch you weight adding in all those extra calories in or do you drop it until your better and only eat what will make you heal faster?

When I'm sick I hardly eat anything other than cup ramen a gallon of orange juice and cough drops!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:17 pm
When I'm sick (unless I'm throwing up-which I haven't done for years) I eat more because I'm home, bored, on my computer the whole day.

-_- I wish I was the type of person who lost 5 pounds in a week because they were sick.

Emarii

Cult movies ftw

Anxious Flip-Flopper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:14 pm
I don't eat the same, i stick with soup, and if it's really bad, the kid chicken noodle soup, you know where the noodles are thin like little twigs about ______ long.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:47 pm
one time i lost 10 lbs in 2 days from the flu.... however it was all water weight so it didn't matter and it came back biggrin  

Aeren
Crew

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:58 am
Food poisoning let me lose 4kgs in a couple of days XD. Not the healthiest way.

I usually just try and stay well. Get out and about, don't stay cooped up.. If I do get sick, I just drink lots of water and drink soup and a bit of toast. I won't gain too much that way, plus I stay hydrated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:35 pm
Keep in mind that fruit juice is mostly sugar and water. If you want a drink, drink water or a low-cal or no-cal drink like tea, skim milk, diet sodas, coffee, or Crystal Lite (which is like grownup Kool-Aid, and tastes way better). If you want fruit, EAT the fruit, don't drink it. The fibers in fruit are terrific for weight loss.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sarena128

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:21 am
Divash
Keep in mind that fruit juice is mostly sugar and water. If you want a drink, drink water or a low-cal or no-cal drink like tea, skim milk, diet sodas, coffee, or Crystal Lite (which is like grownup Kool-Aid, and tastes way better). If you want fruit, EAT the fruit, don't drink it. The fibers in fruit are terrific for weight loss.
First off it's not sunny- D or orange aid, it's actual juice from the fruit, secondly this is a disscusion of what people eat when their sick not how bad juice is for you. Thankyouverymuch. -.-  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:41 pm
    Moon Says:

» » » No need for arguments, everyone, we're all on the same side. ^^;
I'm sure her two cents was meant to be helpful, not meant in criticism.

On a lighter note.. when I'm sick, I don't usually eat. I know, it's bad bad bad for me, but like, I just have no appetite. I usually end up eating like, a piece of fruit for the day, and that's it. ><
Bad shari. ><

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Moonecho

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:36 am
Sarena128
Divash
First off it's not sunny- D or orange aid, it's actual juice from the fruit, secondly this is a disscusion of what people eat when their sick not how bad juice is for you. Thankyouverymuch. -.-

Hi. My opinion is as valid as yours. So is my doctor's. So is my nutritionist's. You're free to disagree, of course, and I will read and respect your arguments in favor of juice. Especially if you actually address what I said. I never even mentioned Sunny-D or any other fruit-flavored sugar drink. I mentioned orange juice, and I mentioned that it doesn't contain fiber. Take some into your chemistry or biology class and ask the teacher to help you prove or disprove that claim; don't take my word for it.

Now, here's my one argument against juice. Orange juice has no more fiber than Sunny-D or any other fruit-flavored sugar drink, though it does have more vitamins. What you can get from orange juice, you can also get from (1) eating an orange, which has actual fiber in it, and (2) vitamin C tablets. In fact, the tablets will probably help you get over your illness faster, because you can either eat six oranges or take two tablets, and who really wants to eat when they're sick?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:47 am
Emarii
When I'm sick (unless I'm throwing up-which I haven't done for years) I eat more because I'm home, bored, on my computer the whole day.

-_- I wish I was the type of person who lost 5 pounds in a week because they were sick.

I do, but I always gain it back the next week sweatdrop  

NinjaRapunzel

Ambrey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:54 pm
I always eat more when I'm sick, unless I'm throwing up or just lying around dazed and semi-retarded, so I gain weight.

I had knee surgery on both knees a while back, though, and I lost a little weight from that (gained it back now, except for one pound T.T), since I couldn't get up to get snacks.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games