Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Anyone here disabled and trying to lose weight?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reverend Smooth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:53 pm
Unfortunately, I got bigger than I like due to the medications that doctors put me on several years ago, and it's only now that the effects of those meds have worn off enough for me to start exercising again. I am trying to figure out how to exercise productively. So any suggestions from other people would be helpful. :3

Stuff that has worked for me is jogging in place whilst lying flat on my back on the seat of my couch for good range of motion, also sitting up a little more and pumping my arms as if I was truly running to get the heart and lungs going, too.

Drawback: dislocating hips afterwards for a few hours. I also faint if my workout is too vigorous.

Lying on my back and bringing my legs up as close to my chest as possible, instead of doing sit-ups. I have to do more to really work my stomach muscles, but it hurts in the places it used to when I did sit-ups, so it must be hitting similar stuff.

I can lift weights up to a point before my weak wrist joints snap down. My arms have slimmed down, and have gotten stronger, even though my joints are still wusstastic and snap down if I carry too much weight.

I've lost about four, five dress sizes so far, doing this type of stuff for about an hour a day, along with small portions of food every three-four hours. Because my metabolism is damaged and I can't do sustained vigorous workouts for a few hours a day anymore, I'm not sure if I'll plateau or how long this will last. I'm also hoping that the looser skin will tighten back up. I think it might, since I've been skinny for most of my life.

I am doing this stuff, despite the hindrances, to try to help my pancreas work better (less fat in the body to deal with) and because I am tired of not finding clothes that fit my style. x.x;;;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:18 am
As for the damaged metabolism and having a hard time with workouts, it could be adrenal burnout (fatigue). I am not a doctor, nor have I studied adrenal fatigue. However, some books on this give some workout tips in how to get your metabolism and adrenal system sort of back in sync. I would try looking on amazon.com.

There are tests doctors can run for this apparently. (Its not the same thing as hypothyroidism). At any rate, it might be something to look in to.

Also, what kind of clothes are ya looking for?
here are some sites that i like

avenue.com
lanebryant.com
torrid.com
catherines.com

and i'm not sure if it has a website but C.J. Banks also is a good plus size store  

Aeren
Crew

Reverend Smooth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:24 am
Aeren
As for the damaged metabolism and having a hard time with workouts, it could be adrenal burnout (fatigue). I am not a doctor, nor have I studied adrenal fatigue. However, some books on this give some workout tips in how to get your metabolism and adrenal system sort of back in sync. I would try looking on amazon.com.

Indeed, I have severe Addison's Disease, and my adrenals are pretty mangled. x.x The reason I'm alive at all is because I've done a lot of research and been managing the condition assiduously.

Quote:
torrid.com
See, I liked them before they started imitating The Gap. Now, I can't find a lot of the stuff that I used to like.

Baby Phat has some interesting stuff, particularly interesting shoes and jeans for plus sizes.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games