Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fomg lookey!
  poll <3
View Results

DismalFate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:49 pm
I already introduced myself in the introduction sticky. But yeah...I'm really hoping to become aregular here.
But I'm sort of realizing this place travels pretty slow.

So I'm just curious, is it always like this, or does it speed up at certain times/days?

A year ago I quit gaia, and I was drawn back to it through a friend (DoubleMintGum from my profile page), and I realize that a lot has changed since I quit.

Like...The chatterbox is full of spam and random threads like "chained to wall," "the gay gaians thread," avi stuff, etc. now... gonk

So I turned to the guilds hoping to find somewhere better to chat. <3

Discuss
The guild's pace
guilds in general
gaia
quitting/returning
the chatterbox
etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:24 pm
lol i so know what you mean about returning and being awed by the amount it changed. ive had similar events. xd

Yeah, i agree you find pretty similar threads in the chatterbox, but hey thats what its for right?
What drives me bananas are the threads that belong in the chatterbox in other places ie. GD/ED.

As far as the pace is..ive only been on here for a bit so I cant say too much. but from what others have been saying, it just seems that it has slowed down.

as far as guilds go..im pretty much in the same boat. it seems that they offer, or well at least, you can find guilds that have more stimulating convo or convo that interest you versus just random crap (not that all random crap is bad, just saying). so im also looking to check out other guilds. not sure which though...havent looked through em yet.  

Blaiz

DismalFate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:34 pm
Blaiz
lol i so know what you mean about returning and being awed by the amount it changed. ive had similar events. xd

Yeah, i agree you find pretty similar threads in the chatterbox, but hey thats what its for right?
What drives me bananas are the threads that belong in the chatterbox in other places ie. GD/ED.

As far as the pace is..ive only been on here for a bit so I cant say too much. but from what others have been saying, it just seems that it has slowed down.

as far as guilds go..im pretty much in the same boat. it seems that they offer, or well at least, you can find guilds that have more stimulating convo or convo that interest you versus just random crap (not that all random crap is bad, just saying). so im also looking to check out other guilds. not sure which though...havent looked through em yet.

Yeah...seems like Gaia got more newbie-friendly too xd
All these cool clothes for less than 100g where did that come from? o_o;
And omg, there are games now <33333

I hate when Quest threads and bars are in the CB. Quest threads are suppose to be in the exchange or where-ever the charity stuff is (I don't make quest threads sweatdrop so I don't look, but I know they're not suppose to be in the CB).
Bars should be in GD, right? Or am i wrong on this one sweatdrop

Hm...weird...Maybe it'll speed back up. sweatdrop

My friend DoubleMintGum is ina guild called The Suites. But she said due to a recent guild going down (MPL- Magic Poll Land), they have a bunch of MPL transfers going to the suites so the captain there put the guild as invisible to prevent users from randomly requesting to join gonk
Which means...I can't join her there gonk

I think the deal is you have to be invited to that guild or something. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:46 pm
Yeah, seriously! With the games and everything, its a bit easier to get money. I remember thinking that I would have to do mad posting to get a certain outfit. Haha....that really hasnt changed for me. Just the items I want are more expensive (typical me, going after the expensive junk >.< )

Yeah, i dont look/make quest threads either so im not too positive on that. I think people just post where ever they feel like posting. (those lazy bums)

I hope it speeds back up. If one poll guild went down maybe we will get an influx of people as well. Hmm...interesting prospect. 3nodding

Oh..that sucks(the separation thing, its always fun to be with your friends) You probably do have to be invited. Maybe you should ask your friend to try to hook you up wink  

Blaiz

DismalFate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:00 pm
Blaiz
Yeah, seriously! With the games and everything, its a bit easier to get money. I remember thinking that I would have to do mad posting to get a certain outfit. Haha....that really hasnt changed for me. Just the items I want are more expensive (typical me, going after the expensive junk >.< )

Yeah, i dont look/make quest threads either so im not too positive on that. I think people just post where ever they feel like posting. (those lazy bums)

I hope it speeds back up. If one poll guild went down maybe we will get an influx of people as well. Hmm...interesting prospect. 3nodding

Oh..that sucks(the separation thing, its always fun to be with your friends) You probably do have to be invited. Maybe you should ask your friend to try to hook you up wink

Yeah...the good ol' days *sigh* ('-')

I make wishlists and plug in the code to my siggy, but since I quit I don't see the point right now. i just want my avi to stop being nakie xd sweatdrop
So I'm saving for some semi-decent clothes. (which happen to all be over 1k per item lol sweatdrop )

She tried...She's not sure if I can get in right now. So I have to wait till someone buys MPL and restarts it for all it's members. Because then they'll all go flocking back there and The Suites will quiet back down.
Till then, I'm fine being here whee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:48 pm
lol. i recall a certain nakey day on gaia, a while back. heh wonder if that's still done. :ponder:

oh well, i like my avi clothed. haha, yeah, we just gotta pick those 1K+ items, huh?

Oh, that really does suck then. Having to wait, the uncertainty and all. Yup, you always got a place here if you ever want to talk and poll..  

Blaiz

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:11 pm
Greetings Greetings Greetings.
Ive seen you around a few times. Yes intresting. Though I havent gotten much chances to speak with you. So... Allo allo. Hope you like it here in the PWU its a great place to be. The guild does move a little slowly... at all times but even though its still very fun and the people around here are fun and very nice. I hope you enjoy staying here as much as us regulars enjoy it. Ahh.. yes you can call me KI, its a lot easier to write than Kohana Ichibana. Haha. Well I hope we can get a chance to speak more. n.n

Nya ~KI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:04 pm
Welcome, welcome. Oh boy, @.@ you really did provide a lot of topics to talk about... and I can really ramble on about these topics. I'll try to keep this short-ish.

First of all, welcome welcome. ^___^ It's always nice to see a new member who will actually post instead of only poll whoring. n.n Yes, this guild runs a bit slower than other poll guilds because "spam" is kept out of our main forum. This has allowed us to build a community though. ^^

I remember when I first retreated from the CB to the Guilds... it was around the time that I joined this guild actually. XD;; And~ the CB has always been full of crap, it's juts that once you leave... you realize once you return that it was crazier in there than you thought. At least, that's what my experience was after I'd been posting in guilds for a while.

And~ I hadn't been paying attention. MPL went down!? o.o That's pretty big.
And~ DoubleMintGum can join you in here if you'd like. Or~ if you choose to go to another guild, remember that you're always welcome to come around. ^__^

Eheh, I hope your return to Gaia has been a good one. It's got to be a shock to return and see once worthless donation items be horribly expensive.
And~ definitely check out the games. Some of 'em are actually fun. :] And~ they do help you make gold faster. =]

And Blaiz!~ Nakie day is still held. ^^ XD

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Blaiz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:27 pm
yay hurray for nakey day! rofl

((well..i didnt really participate last time..maybe this time i will))

lol seriously, i was checking out those donation items and saw one i really wanted, then i saw the current marketplace price....yeah, didnt want it anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:32 pm
XD I like the idea that they put behind the first Nakie Day...
No one wears items so we all can be seen as equal..
But then... the opposition brings up a good point, and it is what I've always liked about Gaia.... items allow for individuality and you can express yourself. O:
So... I just sort of go in between the two on those days. ^^;;

What donation item was it? O:

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

DismalFate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:17 pm
Blaiz
lol. i recall a certain nakey day on gaia, a while back. heh wonder if that's still done. :ponder:

oh well, i like my avi clothed. haha, yeah, we just gotta pick those 1K+ items, huh?

Oh, that really does suck then. Having to wait, the uncertainty and all. Yup, you always got a place here if you ever want to talk and poll..

I remember that! O_O
Don't they have it annually, or was it the only year that happened?

lol yeah xd I quest for stuff over1k so I keep myself busy xd

<3 yeah whee And I'll try to keep that in mind, be patient, and try not to spam the guild with my topic making xd

Kohana Ichibana
Hey ^^
I've seen you around a bit too <3
I was actually planning to join my friend in THe Suites, but since they aren't letting anyone in right now I gave up and came here.
Now that I'm actually here, I rather like it whee
So I'm hoping to become a regular here whee

sdrawkcab
lol I tend to do that sort of thing whee I like to talk a lot xd I'm rather talkitive once I go I ramble on forever and never stop *is suddenly smacked with paper fan with the words "shut up" written on it* xd sweatdrop gonk

Maybe I can clear up that little thing, I can't just poll whore, I must talk at least a little xd So Maybe I'll start posting a new topic a day and get some people to talk more xd Maybe sweatdrop

Oh yeah it is. the CB scared me when I went in there for the first time in a year eek So much spam @_@
I rather like keeping it nice, simple, and fun <3 With less spam xd

Yeah. But I looked in the directory today and it's under new ownership so things around there should be getting back to normal.
Minty is obsessed with her Suites lol. I tried already. She is in several other guilds. And she owns a guild too, which seemed to die off for lack of attention and posting xd lol

My return was interesting to say the least and so far it's good. The Kiki is so cute, but I'll never get that gold xd
And all those items...christ what are the admins thinking now a days!? O_O;
And I enjoy all the new emotes even though I don't use them often lol xd

Blaiz
there's something weird going on with the market right now ._.;

sdrawkcab
2) That was awsome minus the fact all the rich people were basically trying to do the exact opposite of nakie day's purpose to show off. gonk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 am
Oh my~ you'll fit in here just fine. x]

XD Post all the topics you want. ^____^ And~ I was referring to a lot of the new members that we do get because I think they're scared to post~

Yeah, I will admit that the CB did get spammier. I think most forums on the site are more spammy, but hey, that comes with having so many members, I suppose. ^^

I hope MPL gets up and running again. I bet there's a lot of people who miss it. @.@
She sounds busy. o: Yeah, i know I've heard of that poll guild, so it must be pretty fun.

Yeah~ donation items... Eh, it is much easier to make gold now. ^__^ ...But items inflate even faster than you make the gold. @.@
I saw you said that you like 1k+ items~ It's good to give those cheaper items a chance too. I love cheap store items. <3
And~ the emotes. O: I find them to be rather scary. o.x And.. don't really use any of the emoticons.

Yeah, I remember all those people trying to clutter their avies in protest to Nakie day for that first one. XD; The second one.. was as popular, i believe. Many people still participated in it. ^__^ And not very many people opposed it. People were nakie just to be... nakie.

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers