Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Hey Look, I'm not dead. XD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:45 am
I joind a while ago, posted once and dissapeared, and wanted to apologize(sp?) for my inactivity. But between a nine month old little girl, school, a husband and house to take care of topped off with holidays and traveling I hadn't had much time to get into guilds lately.

Anywho. I wanted to thank you all for being here for support. I really want to lose this baby weight that demands to stay on my arse. Though I'm determined to make it leave.

Thank you again!

~Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:58 pm
cool. welcome back  

Miya12
Vice Captain

Faux-Lanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:50 am
Yay for non-death!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:09 am
Yes, non-death is good. I found an interestion tidbit in one of my herbal remides books. I thought it would be useful to so others here. If you can stand vinegar that is.

Miracle Food Cures From The Bible by Reese Dubin
Apple cider vinegar contains powerful enzymes that help disolve clumps of fat, and wash them right out of your system -- so powerful in fact, that meat soaked in apple cider vinegar is tenderized. When you drink it, even in such small quantities as 2 tablespoons in fruit or vegetable juice, moments later it is breaking up accumulated fat in cell tissues, says one expert.
I well rememder when Folk Medicine by Dr. Jarvis became a big best seller around 1958-60, and his apple cider vinegar remedies were very popular. At that time, a group of wemon that included my mother use to eat lunch and have lively discussions. On frequent topic was diets. Dr. Jarvis claimed it was easy to slim down with apple cider vinegar. All you had to do, he said. was sip a couple of teaspoons of it in a glass of water at each meal. No special diet. Just sensible eating. He claimed that a woman could go down three dress sizes in about 5 months this way -- That a woman who wore a size 50 dress would be able to take a size 42 in a year (that's over 100 pounds) effortlessly!
My mother, who had never been able to make her weight budge, lost 12 pounds in 3 months, on this "diet", going from 139 to 127. Two other members in her group lost 10 pounds and 16 pounds, respectively, in 3-4 months. The winner, however was a woman who went down two dress sizes in a year -- a loss of about 30 pounds.

I started a vinegar regimine(sp?) yesterday. Mixed 2 tablespoons with apple juice. It was very bitter. This morning I tried a vinegar shot instead, chased it with water and breakfast. Wasn't to bad. I think I need to chase it with grapefruit juice though. xd Might take some of the bite out of the vinegar. I'm also doing some more reasearch on vinegar and what health benifits(sp?) it has. I know that it helps detoxify the body, namely the liver. but other than that I'm not sure what else it's good for. biggrin I'll keep you all posted.  

Silver Sunrise

Moonecho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:09 pm
    Sounds awesome, I'm game. (:
    I'll pick some up tomorrow, I mean, it can't hurt to try for a month or so.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:38 pm
Moonecho
    Sounds awesome, I'm game. (:
    I'll pick some up tomorrow, I mean, it can't hurt to try for a month or so.
That was my thought exactly. My hubby has even been doing it with me. Though he can stomach vinegar much better than me. He drinks about 1/4 cup mixed with juice or water.

Oh taking the vinegar and following up with grapefruit or orange juice made it MUCH better/ easier to take. biggrin  

Silver Sunrise

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games