Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Healthy weight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kagura_110

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:21 pm
I'm 5'2 and I weigh about 130lbs and I want to know what weight should I get to I was thinking 100lbs but I keep getting told thats unhealthy  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:00 pm
An ideal weight for 5'2" would be between 105 and 135 pounds. It really depends on what looks and feels best for your body. But, 105 is the lowest "healthy" BMI for that height... so, really, the best weight would be 115-120.  

Raeyne

Faux-Lanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:52 am
Why are you trying to be so skinny? I'd love to just be in the average weight group (in a couple months I will be!).I'm not judging or anything,just curious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:18 pm
well, the only skinny part of my body is my torso the rest of me like my arms and legs are thick and not muscle I want to atleast look thin even though I want to lose fat and gain muscle  

kagura_110

carebearmillard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:32 am
I recommend using some resistance bands for you arms and legs, they'll slim and tone your limbs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:07 pm
Where would I find those?  

kagura_110

Moonecho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:43 am
    Moon Says:

» » » 115-120 would be perfect for you.
Don't go lower than 115.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:55 pm
According to the Weight Watchers website, your ideal weight at 5'2" is 113 to 125. If you've got a lot of muscle mass, such as if you're an athlete, your doctor may suggest that your weight should be higher.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cult movies ftw

Anxious Flip-Flopper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:12 am
I'm 5'5" and according to that I should be 140 or so. That for me is physically impossible because i am so naturally broad so I am for the size i'm comfortable with smaller end of 14 possibly 12 but doubt that small again. I like my booty and thunder thighs.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:41 pm
I_Love_The_Bunny
I'm 5'5" and according to that I should be 140 or so. That for me is physically impossible because i am so naturally broad so I am for the size i'm comfortable with smaller end of 14 possibly 12 but doubt that small again. I like my booty and thunder thighs.

Weight Watchers gives what MOST people should weigh, not what everyone should weigh. See what your doctor says. It's entirely possible that your backside and thighs are supposed to be very muscular because that's simply your body type, and muscle weighs more than fat. I've got a very good friend who joined Weight Watchers with a doctor's note which said she should weigh 155 to 165 instead of the 135 they thought she should weigh -- because she's an athlete and bodybuilder, and didn't want to lose all the muscle she'd worked so hard to build up.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SquishyAngeh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:44 pm
kagura_110
Where would I find those?

Probably any place like walmart or target, in thier sections that have stuff like weights and yoga balls!

Or go to a place like Big 5 sporting goods, if you have one!

on another note...I agree with your siggy...I heart Tori Amos!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games