Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Rant/Rave: OMG YOU OVERCHARGE FOR AVI ART!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:06 pm
So I own an art shop, right? I charge what I think is fair. People are willing to pay that much, so it's all good.

So I decided, why not open another one inside one of the art guilds I frequent? It's a manga guild btw.

The first person to post besides myself comes in and accuses me of being selfish for charging so much, saying stuff like "only charge that much if you're good in all techniques, why there are so many colors in one halfbody color pencil drawing confuse me".

Um.. what's wrong with colors? I just replied and said, well sweetie, I charge what I think is fair, people pay, blah blah blah, and I also said that someone was willing to overpay me 35k for one drawing. (which surprises me).

They said I was BSing, and I just gave a screenie of the PM and trade.

Gosh, people. What's wrong with getting paid fake money for drawings?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:29 am
nothing,i personally dont sell my art,but,if you price them and people buy them for that,then its there falt.so yeah,um bye.  

raynebou

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:15 pm
Yeah, that's my mentality about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:30 pm
People love opportunities to demonstrate their intelligence or lack-thereof.
That person was probably jealous because they couldn't do what you were doing.

Only the artist can judge what the art is worth, because nobody else knows how long it takes and how much effort really goes into it.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Scythe Shadrak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:13 pm
I usually give potential buyers true freedom when it comes to payment. Basically they pay as much as they want/can pay, and noone is having problems with that. Works fine so far biggrin
Lately I sold CG colored fullbody for 7k, and I guess we were both happy with it :>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:35 pm
Well, it's all about taste I guess. If people will pay gold for your art, then go for it. Who cares? If people think your prices are unfair they should just move on and not be a jerk about it. I don't see that much selling for 35k though. That's amazing. I might claim it to be a bluff too, but like I said, preference.

I don't sell avi art. I don't think it would be worth anything.

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:33 pm
You've never seen art go for 35k??

There's someone who's auction for 3 CGs is well into the millions!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:20 pm
MinaMouse
You've never seen art go for 35k??

There's someone who's auction for 3 CGs is well into the millions!
I think I may know the person you're talking about. That one that has a waiting list like you wouldn't believe, and to get boosted in priority you have to give the artist bribes for over a million gold? That's just the bribes to get it done sooner, the price of the actual art is more than that.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:16 pm
Meh, power to them. It takes a crapload of effort and time to do stuff like that. Why not charge all you can get?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:40 pm

I now sell art for 20k halfbody and 30k fullbody and add 75% for extra people and for some reason now that it's more expensive I'm selling more than I ever did out of my shop.

Weird.

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

CandlelightsChaos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:42 am
Well my opinion on the matter is. If you don't have a problem with the price and the person who is buying your art doesn't have a problem with the price, then there is nothing wrong with it. But it also depends upon how good the art is and how much time you put into it. So really the price choice will forever be up to the artist, and if someone doesn't like it then they can deal with it or go someone else.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games