So whats your take?
  thats all sweet luck, baby
  thank ya jesus, its a miracle!
  hey man, im just glad im alive
View Results

Blaiz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:15 pm
thought you were in for a story huh?

Well, no exciting story, im referring to the show. Anybody watch it? On the discovery channel. Basically its an hour long show telling/showing you people's stories about how they really shouldnt be alive. (like they really shouldnt)I watched two of htem today xd

But my point of discussion is: it seems that in a lot of these situations these people have survived because of some stroke of luck. Its like after so much bad luck, a good luck comes along. For example, in the one I watch today, the guy was floating in the river thinking it was pretty much it for him. But it just so happened that there was a boat with two fisherman out fishing. The fishermen later told him that they only go fishing two times a year! I mean, what luck!

So what do you guys believe in? Do you guys think its luck? Is it a miracle? or do you just take it as it is, explain what happened and leave it for the listeners to decide?
< You can add stories if you want XD >  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:42 pm
Heheh~ nice topic. ^^
I've heard of the show, I can't remember right now whether I've seen any episodes...
I don't know~ I think some things happen by chance. I don't really believe that some people are just have all the luck. You make your own luck.

Though~~
I did read some story once where some guy was struck by lightning and survived. Some time later, he was in his house when it was struck by lightning. He was fine, but lost some appliances. ...He then won a lottery and used that money to replace the appliances he lost. XD

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Blaiz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:32 pm
haha, thats pretty great for the guy..well that he won the lottery not that he got struck (that part sucks).

I heard something similar to that too, but it was just a lady that got struck by lighting 2 or 3 times and survived. I found that to be very lucky.

I dont believe that there are people out there that just have all the luck, either. Sooner or later, that runs out. But, im not too sure if i believe in miracles, per say. I think thats because I'm not too fond of religion and am a bit of a skeptic towards it.

I'm kinda waiting for mines(luck) to run out....let's hope if it does, its something minor. See, there have been a lot of "near misses" and things like that for me. I just barely miss getting into a crash, i just barely miss getting my head impaled by a jagged pole, things like that. Either god wants me alive or i'm just really lucky with those sort of things(although for everything else my luck sux!!)

One time, I was waiting at a red light, going to make a left turn. A car pulls up beside me. I notice that it starts to move up a bit, then stop, and continues to do that a bit more. I look over and its this guy thats trying to hit on me. I ignore that guy and turn back to look at the light, which after a few seconds turns green, but at the second before it turned green the guy in the car beside me makes some weird gesture that distracted me and made me look at him. I was about to go when suddenly this truck just flies by the intersection. The guy had ran the red, doing at least about 50mph. I should note, my car is a tin can. I got a 01 Neon and that aint gonna stand against a Chevy truck. As i continued to drive along all I could think about was how if it wasnt for that guy that tried to hit on me, that truck would have hit me (it would have been on my side too). It was just a bit crazy for me, ive never been more happy to get hit on by some old pervert.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:40 am
I have seen the show but idk what to think......... xd  

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:45 am
Yeah, I don't know~ I think I believe in miracles. It's hard for me to say though, since I'm not a very religious person either.

B-but... o____o That's quite a story Blaiz.
I'm, um, I don't know what to say, except for... yay for psychic pervert!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:27 am
I belive in karma >< So you only get out of what you put into life. As a child I have always been naturally lucky but I've had my turns for the worse.

>< All my close to death calls once I think about it are too silly and you guys wouldn't belive me. XD

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

Blaiz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:11 pm
Youre telling me, i was oh so grateful.

I like karma, ive seen it in action. I say it works.

One time, there was a lady in front of me in line, and I could have helped her but i didnt. (I know im such a bad person sweatdrop that was my bad) When I went to get out of the parking lot, I couldnt because the lady was still loading her car, she coincedently parked right next to me. I had a feeling that it was going to turn out like that too.

See, people?! Follow the golden rule! dont do like me.

I really like that show, its amazing to see what people get out of and how it happens. Kinda gives you hope for whenever you're in a fix, huh?  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games