Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Teen Witches: Fluffy or Not Fluffy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teen Witches: Fluffy or Not Fluffy?
  Fluff Bunnies
  Serious Pagans
  Who Cares? Give Me Gold!
View Results

Greeneyed_falcon

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:46 am
ShadowSharrow
Marion Green is not wiccan but her book a witch alone is very good.

I must try find a copy of it then. What path is she then do you know?  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
She is a witch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_Green
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Witch_Alone  

ShadowSharrow

Conan The Barbie Doll

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:48 pm
My opinion- Some teen witches are fluffy, rebellious attentionwhores and some are serious, dedicated, devoted Wiccans. You can figure it out for yourself once you get to know the person.

Stereotypes are bad, yo. blaugh

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:10 pm
Conan The Barbie Doll
My opinion- Some teen witches are fluffy, rebellious attentionwhores and some are serious, dedicated, devoted Wiccans. You can figure it out for yourself once you get to know the person.
I think the problem is that unless the word before "teen" is "eight" or "nine", the person for the most part cannot be more than interested in becoming Wiccan. I've met absolutely serious fluffers who were absolutely devoted to the path they followed; their sole point of fluffdom was in calling it Wicca despite all evidence to the provably contrary.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Annalixa

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:25 am
I'm gonna deviate from the norm here a bit.

I do think that most religiosity/spirituality in teenagers is not so much an attempt at the spiritual but an attempt at creating an identity. I don't mean this to be judgmental; I do think that many adults who are deeply devoted to their paths began in this "identity forming" phase, and it doesn't make them a bad pagan. Nor does this make all teenagers fluffy, mind you. But I think it explains why so many are. And also explains why fluffdom is not inherent to teenagers. Some adults still don't have any concrete sense of identity, either. wink

I am basing this, of course, on my own experience (yes, I was casting about for an identity, and to some extent power and control over my life, when I got turned on to paganism at 14) and that of others I've witnessed in real life.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:32 am
Conan The Barbie Doll

Stereotypes are bad, yo. blaugh

I am pretty sure that if they are in high school and thier parents have not agreed to let them be part of a fertility witch cult, then they are not devoted Wiccans.  

jaden kendam

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces