Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Falling.Ice-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:11 am
well my parents are like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm
My parents don't push me to get good grade but they say I should try my best, but I know they don’t mean it. Now I get straight A's cause they will give me at least $100 per report card if I get all A's ,so bribing me works I guess. They also want me to play an instrument or play a sport. Since I suck at like all sports I feel forced to play an instrument. Now I play the violin and flute and its sooo boring gonk I also remember a time when they punished my sister for a month for getting a D in Math. In their eyes I'm the "good child" since I get good grades and don't stay out pass curfew  

Skiing Panda`

laundromat passion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:48 pm
my parents aren't hard on me.
sometimes i wish i were.
then maybe i'd be more smart.
then i'd be fun & smart.
with good grades.
then i'd be at the ultimate happy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:27 pm
Blah. My parents usually push me to study adn get A's. They set a rule : No computers on weekdays. You should study during those hours. Even though I'm doing the BEST in my class! -.- Well atleast asian parents care alot about your education and stuff.  

Chibi_God

PinayFlipMode

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:56 pm
my parents always are mad at me when i get grades lower than a B... come on im a wer-asian (not full blooded asian) so of course im gonna be average.... i wish they'd just accept who i am  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:19 pm
come stay in asia
(: and get all stressed out.

xp it's dangerous.  

kt_jingle

Valentina Ambrosia Dizon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:22 pm
Every asian parent is liek that. They're doing it for what they think is good for their children to have a secured bright future.
The things is, they think that good school grades=good future college=good job= lots of money.

All Parents are liek that, strict as ever. ^^;;

I'm not that smart, actually. I always end up dropping out or failing/getting kicked out of, my AP class, and my GPA is a 3.4....><

Tanaka Yuko, Your grades are ones I'd probably never reach..lol
I'm taking SATs in two months..>< And I'm having tutoring classes for it...

What's more is that I don't play any instrument, I'm interested in the guitar and piano, but I never get the chance to learn.

I used to do ballet but I didn't enjoy it very much. =/

And the thing is, I take all Art classes, and my parents think it's a complete waste of my time.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:11 pm
if anything, i just believe that academics is a way of parents being able to show others (relatives, friends, etc) what a "good job" they've done raising their kids. i mean, think about it. how many times have you heard your parents say something like, "well, my son / daughter does well in school and still has time to do extracurricular." it's almost as if parents see us as their own trophy. they can't help it.  

Jun-Shinobu

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces