Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
New Years Resolutions!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happy new year!
  2007!!
View Results

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:29 pm
Hey everyone! As the new year approaches, its a good time to look back on the past year and think about what youve accomplished.

For some of us, its painful to look at this year and think about how disappointed we are.

For others, we can look back happily at our progress.

So. Lets make resolutions for the new year, together!

Not just weight-related, either ^^

Heres some of my resolutions.

.. To make exercise a part of my life!

Its easy to set ridiculous standards that you cant achieve. I vow to start doing 45 minutes of exercise, 4 times a week. In addition to the copious amounts of walking I do on campus, I will start MAKING myself go up the 3 stories to my apartment every day. No more elevator!

.. To treat myself the way I deserve!

As a busy college student, theres too many days when I wake up, throw on shoes, and go to class. I should take more pride in my appearance. Its time to go out, buy new makeup, and start looking good for class. Along with this, I have to start caring more about the clothes and accessories I buy. Because.. I´m worth it. When you look good, you feel good!

.. To commit to my weight loss plan!

Since Ive moved to another state, its been hard to keep up with my Weight Watchers meetings. Most of the meeting times interfere with my classtime, or my party time. This year I simply have to make the commitment to go. I know Ill do better if I have a weekly weigh-in and support meeting. Its time to stop slacking.. I end up paying for it in the end!

.. To focus on food!

Its not fair to myself to eat only microwave meals or food that can be picked up quickly at the student union. Its time to really indulge myself in cooking healthy, delicious food at home!

.. To achieve my goal by my 21st birthday!

Im turning 21 this December, aroudn the same time that I plan to leave for Japan, where I will be a student for a semester. To do that, I not only have to dedicate myself to learning the language, but to getting into the right shape. The stresses of living abroad as a foreigner are enough without having an extra 60 pounds weighing you down. its time to change that! I´m definitely going. I dont plan to lose all 60 pounds by then, but substantial progress is necessary!

Okay! Sorry for that long rant.. everybody, please share your New Year resolutions! They dont all have to be weight-related of course!

Also, reflect on how well you did keeping your resolutions this year!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:53 pm
I never wait until new years to make my resolutions. 3nodding  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:36 am
lol i was going to make one of these topics but ya beat me to it xd

i haven't achieved anything this year and am atually weighing abit more than last, but it has been a difficult year, apendix exploding, having to drop out of college as a result, two of my aunts dieing and braking up with a guy i loved. hopfully 2007 can be a fresh start where i can get back on track.

i want to weight around 8st 4 116lb before i go off to uni in september so 21 lb to go.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:45 am
Groovy Spleen
I never wait until new years to make my resolutions. 3nodding

Well yeah, I make constant goals (all of these have been decided earlier of course) but my life kinda goes by semester.

In summer, I lost a lot of weight and did well.

In fall, I had an aerobics class and managed to maintain my weight which is the first semester Ive managed to do that in.
And in spring, Im going to start losing weight again! Yep yep.. ^^

most of the things I listed Ive started to do in this last semester, but I want to continue focusing on those things for next year.

I think new years is good because its a really CONCRETE time to lay down plans.  

BlinkyTheRed

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games