Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Love, does it exist?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UlooAloo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:42 pm
It has been scientificly stated that love is just an OCD attraction between two people leading up to sex. It is all only for reproduction, and you will soon get tired of your mate.

Have we created love as some kind of excuse for what we are all doing? Is it possible to fall in love with ANYONE?

I personally don't beleive in it, but I would like to see this issue discussed from several different veiw points.

I'm not going to bother typing a paragraph on my opinions just yet as they may influence other's.

Discuss?

EDIT: I understand the whole "comitment, self-sacrifice" thing. But are we convincing ourselves of doing these things because thats what we are told love is?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:47 pm
I sound like an "emo"/angsty little f*****t.  

UlooAloo

raynebou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:03 am
i believe in love,its not only for mating perpocesses,in the "natural" world,monagamous animals,dont "love" each other persay,but,humans,we have a higher brain function,and also if love doesnt exsist,why doesnt this pain in my heart subside after it was boken 3 months ago,if love doesnt exsist,do that mean heart break is only a figmant of our imaginations?no,i think theres more to relationships than"must prolong speacies,we must mate!"there is so much we can gain from a life partner,so yeah. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:36 pm
raynebou hippy
i believe in love,its not only for mating perpocesses,in the "natural" world,monagamous animals,dont "love" each other persay,but,humans,we have a higher brain function,and also if love doesnt exsist,why doesnt this pain in my heart subside after it was boken 3 months ago,if love doesnt exsist,do that mean heart break is only a figmant of our imaginations?no,i think theres more to relationships than"must prolong speacies,we must mate!"there is so much we can gain from a life partner,so yeah. cool
But have you convinced yourself of heartbreak because that is the way its supposed to be?  

UlooAloo

smileontheedge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 am
Gah, see thats why I hate science. All these scientist are trying to prove something that's really not necessary. Now, as for me, I really don't believe in love because I've seen way too many people far a part but you know a part of me really wants to believe its out there. Otherwise, why are we here?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:15 pm
Honestly, I have been in a few relationships but I have never experienced love.

I have never felt the butterflies or the burning ears or anything.

I still don't know what love is like at eighteen and I'm only growing more and more skeptical.

=/  

Soru-kun

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces