Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should i go?
  yes
  no
View Results

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:07 am
my gran (who doesn't know i'm atheist) wants me and my sister to go to church on christmas eve...i don't want to hurt her feelings...but i don't want to go! aaaaaaaaaargh!! the thought of being in a room with all those christians for 2 hours makes me shudder!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:29 pm
I know how you feel!!!! No one in my family knows I'm an atheist, and they were trying to make me go to church earlier tonight (it's christmas eve....well, technically, it's christmas day, but oh well), but luckily we were too late....but they're going to try to make me go tomorrow morning....and even though I don't want to hurt their feelings, I'd rather do just about anything than go!!!! it was bad enough saying grace before dinner earlier....ugh I was about to shoot someone

and neither my dad nor I wanted to go to church (we were tired....he's not an atheist), and my mom called us atheists, as if it were an insult. ugh!!!! but if I were you I might try to get out of it but if you can't then just suffer through it, which is what I might be forced to do

Although, I suppose this doesn't do much good, seeing as it's past christmas eve (at least where I am)

sorry!!!!  

dark_water_priestess

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:57 am
it was a candlelit thing a few days before christmas that i had to go to...my dad forced me to go! pfft!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:08 pm
ugh that sucks!!!! I didn't have to go tho ^^ I made a point of sleeping in until past 12  

dark_water_priestess

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:13 am
i get woken up so i don't miss things like that, bloody parents!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
I have to sing countless religious songs for my choir, so yeah, but I enjoy singing, so it isn't that bad, I just wish there were more songs not about love or religion, ya know?
Aye, church bores me, I just don't sing hymnals unless I know them, don't pray, or stand up during stuff.
Heh, my parents don't go to church 3nodding  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:24 am
FlamingChihuahua
I have to sing countless religious songs for my choir, so yeah, but I enjoy singing, so it isn't that bad, I just wish there were more songs not about love or religion, ya know?
Aye, church bores me, I just don't sing hymnals unless I know them, don't pray, or stand up during stuff.

my gran goes to church...i sometimes get forced to go  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:10 am
[x] Natasha [x]
FlamingChihuahua

Ditto.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:36 am
FlamingChihuahua
[x] Natasha [x]
FlamingChihuahua

Ditto.

my gran doesn't know i'm atheist....so i have to go sometimes  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:03 pm
ich, i had to go on CE too. only my 'rents and my bro knew, so everyone else was like "why are you so withdrawn/pissed? i didn't sing anything, but i did stand. I could see my aunt leaning over to see if i was singing or not. *glares* I can totally emphasize.

my dad was all "go to make your gram happy" and i'm like uh nooooo. if she doesn't love me because our religions differ thats her problem.

Quote:
and neither my dad nor I wanted to go to church (we were tired....he's not an atheist), and my mom called us atheists, as if it were an insult. ugh!!!! but if I were you I might try to get out of it but if you can't then just suffer through it, which is what I might be forced to do

yeah, why is being called an atheist an insult? i'm proud of it.  

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

RockerSince1992

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:58 pm
dark_water_priestess
I know how you feel!!!! No one in my family knows I'm an atheist, and they were trying to make me go to church earlier tonight (it's christmas eve....well, technically, it's christmas day, but oh well), but luckily we were too late....but they're going to try to make me go tomorrow morning....and even though I don't want to hurt their feelings, I'd rather do just about anything than go!!!! it was bad enough saying grace before dinner earlier....ugh I was about to shoot someone

Although, I suppose this doesn't do much good, seeing as it's past christmas eve (at least where I am)

sorry!!!!

Its time for you to come out of the closet and tell your parents the way you feel and what you are... you shouldnt hide it... be proud!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:03 pm
RockerSince1992
dark_water_priestess

sorry!!!!

Its time for you to come out of the closet and tell your parents the way you feel and what you are... you shouldnt hide it... be proud!

If I do that, I fear I may be disowned (and that pretty much means no college money, which means no college for anna)....one day, my brother was joking around and asked my mom "What would grandpa do if i became jewish? Would he disown me?" (the last part was said incredibly jokingly) Without hesitating, my mom said "YES!!" quite sternly. Also, like 2 years ago when my family forced me to become confirmed as a catholic, i was complaining about the work load or something, and she said "just do this for your grandpa. after you get confirmed, i don't care what you do" so i was thinkin 'woohoo.' but then she said "as long as you have god in your life, i don't care." So I dunno  

dark_water_priestess

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:15 am
dark_water_priestess
RockerSince1992
dark_water_priestess

sorry!!!!

If I do that, I fear I may be disowned (and that pretty much means no college money, which means no college for anna)....one day, my brother was joking around and asked my mom "What would grandpa do if i became jewish? Would he disown me?" (the last part was said incredibly jokingly) Without hesitating, my mom said "YES!!" quite sternly. Also, like 2 years ago when my family forced me to become confirmed as a catholic, i was complaining about the work load or something, and she said "just do this for your grandpa. after you get confirmed, i don't care what you do" so i was thinkin 'woohoo.' but then she said "as long as you have god in your life, i don't care." So I dunno

i suggest that if you find a moment when it seems that you should tell them you're atheist then do. otherwise wait until you finish college, then tell them!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:16 pm
good idea!! that's probably what i'll do ^^  

dark_water_priestess

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:42 pm
happy to help 3nodding  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items