Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
Nutritional Yeast

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:11 pm
So I ordered some nutritional yeast since I can never find it in stores I go to. Planning on making some kind of healthy 'pizza' type things with it (oat bran flax pita bread + sauce + tufu/yeast thinga + chickpeas or something) but I'd be interested in some other recipes yall have tried that turned out good. Gotta start making my own food over winter break since I'll be home and mother is nasty with the animal products and whatnot. I know I can get recipes online but I'm wondering what yall have tried that turned out good heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:46 pm
i like making "risotto" with nutritional yeast.

I don't really have a recipe for it.

Basically I cook up some rice and in another pan/pot I put a clove of crushed garlic, a tablespoon of Tahini, a tablespoon of Nutritional yeast, a dash or two of paprika, sunflower seeds, a little bit of vegetable stock, mushrooms and roast red pepper. Then put the cooked rice into the mix.

I like it, whatever it is.

There are also some pretty good vegan mac and cheese recipes that call for Nutritional Yeast. Can't remember what ones though.

Nutritional Yeast is good on popcorn too.  

Astrox

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:41 am
I got it, I hate it, it tastes and smells disgusting.

Did figure out another way to make yummy vegan pizza though so yay.  
Recipes & Cooking Tips

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games