Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

why do ska bands....
  drop the F bomb so much?
View Results

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:39 pm
hey guys I'm on my highschool radio station and we broadcast REALLY far so if I could get some ideas on what kind of bands tend to not curse or be sexually explicit I'll see what I can do to get it on the radio.

not cursing is the hard part sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:02 pm
Streetlight Manifesto.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

McHuggies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:00 pm
I'd list some bands, but I'm so used to hearing cussin' that I don't even notice when they actually use them...

I'll take a listen, but I think a lot of bands have songs with TEH F BOMB in 'em, while other songs would be appropriate for 1st graders.
First graders that freakin rock, that is.

So... yeah.
Would it still help if we just listed songs from bands that don't have any swearing?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:13 pm
hey i do that at my school too! I find anyhting off ofthe Planet Smashers Unstoppable album or some things by Catch 22 are really good. Also the Aquabats do have some good music as well for the radio. I dunno if bedouin SoundClash counts but i play alot of them... Mouthwash as well are a good band to play on the radio because the one cd they put out has no swearing at all on it... I know there is a few Operation Ivy songs as well [ like sound system and you could try to play unity but it doesn't work all that well if you have a good sound system to work with]...  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:28 pm
The Aquabats...nuff said  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:25 pm
correct me if im wrong but i dont think less than jake has much explicit stuff

lest go bowling is definatly perfect

mighty mighty bosstones only has two or so songs on every cd with cursing though it might sneak in there, if you can create custom playlist or cds i dotn see whats wrong with some o their stuff

im not a big christian rock/ska fan but oc supertones and five iron frenzy are always options

i dont recal any cussing from suburban legends

im not familair with all lyrics of mustard plug but they probly fine

buck o nine is great

ect.  

Canada3952

McHuggies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:29 pm
Forces of Evil!... oh wait sweatdrop
lol They're like the epitome of a band cursing.

But yeah, I think most of Reel Big Fish's songs are cuss free... aren't they? Oh gawd. I feel ashamed having to ask that xp  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:19 pm
If you have stuff from the Toasters that is not live - you hsuold be fine i think. but all of their live stuff is full of cursing... at least all of the stuff i have anywho  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Tux the Pengwin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:31 pm
Five Iron Frenzy... The Aquabats... The O.C. Supertones.

Just a few.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:25 pm
wow... i cant think of one that i actually like...  

-SexualApocalypse-

Tux the Pengwin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:31 pm
That's sad.

There's gotta be plenty out there.

The Skatellites are pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:37 pm
xXDrummingBeastXx
Streetlight Manifesto.

Negative. Some of the songs on Everything Goes Numb has teh f bomb and shyte. I listened to it this morning, Im quite sure about it.

Operation Ivy  

a white shadow

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:06 pm
a white shadow
xXDrummingBeastXx
Streetlight Manifesto.

Negative. Some of the songs on Everything Goes Numb has teh f bomb and shyte. I listened to it this morning, Im quite sure about it.

Operation Ivy

I play Streetlights stuff in my music theory stuff all the time. The few times they curse is too fast to hear. I just couldn't play point/counterpoint ("******** it, thank you, I love you all") or failing, flailing.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:24 pm
ok this band isnt really ska but it carries the ska style... the clash- revolution rock, jimmy jazz, and wrong em boyo... no cuzz words in there  

Don Caballero

Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff