5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
POLLWHORE
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 93

Michie`s Flips Inc.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:29 pm
LOL that's funny how that one girl mistaken you for a Chinese girl and you were thankful xD
Whenever i pass by someone, people think I'm Filipino just cause i'm very dark skinned. That bothers me a lot too since i don't like anything like any of my parents. I can be Asian a lot, but it doesn't seem like it when you first meet me. I don't hang out with a lot of Asians either and i don't really care .. maybe at some points i do care.
People can be so rude these days. Especially Grown-ups when they just stare at you stare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:16 pm
I agree with Michie-San.

Besides, I know I liek being asian, come on- I meanl, it's jsut a race.  

Valentina Ambrosia Dizon

Miyavi San

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:35 pm
Tsukiakari Masurao
I agree with Michie-San.

Besides, I know I liek being asian, come on- I meanl, it's jsut a race.

its an awesome race  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:04 pm
1. Don't believe that you must always be enslaved to dress a certain way in order to fit in with an ethnicity. It just depends on whether or not the clothes look good on you and make you comfortable. You can dress any way you choose, but "looking Asian" seems a lot like a superficial means if you want to truly express your background.

2. In a modern world, a conventional way to "look" Filipino is almost a myth. The Philippines has a lot of Malay, Sino, European, and American influence. I believe it might even be the most multicultural country in Asia. So unless you choose to wear an old-fashined terno, bakyas, etc, it doesn't really matter what you wear.

3. Why is there even a term to "not dress Asian?" If I came out wearing a three-piece suit would that be considered un-Asian? If I wore a polo shirt, jeans, and sneakers, would that be considered un-Asian? A lot of these clothes are worn in many countries, it's almost a part of modern global culture.

4. Over the past year or so I've grown to look less and less like a stereotypical East Asian (gold skin, epicanthic-folded eyes, minimal facial hair). I have people coming up to me and speaking Spanish (then again, Spanish/Castillian was once the official language of the Philippines), a few people think I was Mediterranean, and my parents saying that I looked Arabic (West Asian). But overall, I don't give a care. I've gotten many compliments, that's all that matters.

-----------------
I am very furious that this thread has been revived. And to add insult, has not been reported or locked. Don't revive threads that have not been posted in for at least two months, otherwise they're considered revived.

wahmbulance [LOCKED] wahmbulance

Tahimek
Vice Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items