Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A question of faith...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ainsley Lo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:30 pm
Just some random questions.

Do you feel that your faith in the spiritual world is strong? Do you have strong faith in a higher power?

What about in hard times? In times of loss and pain. How would you say the bad times, the bad times that stand out from the rest, challenges your faith?

If you have a belief in a certain deity, how has your connection to them helped you with your sorrows?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:45 am
Ainsley Lo
twisted
Quote:
Do you feel that your faith in the spiritual world is strong?
Faith in the sense of blind faith? No. But Gnosis of it's nature- sure.
Quote:

Do you have strong faith in a higher power?
I have gnosis of other kinds of powers. The term "higher" doesn't apply because there is no value judgment and said beings can exist in a supernal or infernal position on the Why-axis.
Quote:
What about in hard times? In times of loss and pain. How would you say the bad times, the bad times that stand out from the rest, challenges your faith?
Nope. It's not a challenge. Perhaps this is the difference between gnosis and faith?

Quote:
If you have a belief in a certain deity, how has your connection to them helped you with your sorrows?
It typically doesn't. My gods except me to be responsible for my own well being.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:20 pm
Ainsley Lo

You prolly don't want random answers though do you? >.>

Quote:
Do you feel that your faith in the spiritual world is strong?

Not really. I feel that I have some ideas on how the spiritual world works and some theories to explain some of my scientifically inexplicable experiences. But I approach everything slowly and carefully, trying only to build upon my own personal gnosis and not anything else.

I also account for the possibility that I am horribly wrong, delusional, crazy or confused in my day to day life.

Quote:
Do you have strong faith in a higher power?

Beings may be more evolved, more wise or more powerful than myself but that does not make them higher. There are no higher powers, imo, because all beings deserve respect and have the potential for greatness and none should be subservient or in a worship position to another.

Quote:

Bad or painful times don't challenge the experiences and knowledge I have. They don't really have an effect on the logical extension of that personal gnosis unless they specifically contradict it, but good times can do that too.

I may not be in a good position to answer these questions of yours as what I have isn't really traditionally considered faith. And it seems like you've taken the traditional view of faith.

Quote:

I do not have a belief or relationship with deities because I do not consider the very concept of a deity to be valid (as I understand it) within the moral standards of my path (I consider the deities of other paths to be more evolved beings who happen to be worshiped or praised, but not that they deserve such attention). I do have belief in and relationships with various Aspects and low evolved spirits and some have been extraordinarily helpful from a simple "keeping me company" standpoint during times of pain.

There are times too when Etheristic Channeling (see Etherism Pathways thread for more) can be used to help me emotionally or physically during pain, injury, sickness or distress, both for it's capacity to shift reality and due to the meditation components of Etheristic Channeling.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:30 pm
Recursive Paradox
Ainsley Lo

If they even check the guild.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:46 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
Ainsley Lo

If they even check the guild.

True true. I was sort of tempted to answer her questions in entirely pseudorandom numbers yanked from a generator on my computer and maybe throw in a recipe for cupcakes.

I felt that would have been random enough for me ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:42 pm
Ainsley Lo

Your random is not very random. I recommend more practice.

Ainsley Lo
Do you feel that your faith in the spiritual world is strong? Do you have strong faith in a higher power?

Yes. No, the term higher is ....off.

Ainsley Lo

No. My faith has nothing to do with hard times.

Ainsley Lo

Very little. My sorrows are my own, not the gods. Sometimes I do ask for help, though, but usually not with sorrow ....which on reflection is a bit odd. I suppose I've never felt my sorrows exceeded my ability to handle them, whereas some other things have.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers