Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations
Want to make an original manga?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wickeddelight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:38 pm

Would anyone be interested in making an original science fiction or fantasy yaoi manga? If so, what are your skills and what do you think the manga should be about?

Me I'm a semi-professional writer/intermediate artist; I like happy endings, mpreg, hermaphrodites, anthro aliens, shapeshifters, school settings, etc. Sample of my stuff:
http://home.comcast.net/~wickeddelight/
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:57 am

I'm already making one. It's going to be first based off of lyrics and then fall into a weird like crazy thing. Don't how yet but I'll know when I get there. 3nodding

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

wickeddelight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:34 pm

That's interesting. Your own original lyrics? Clover and Sensual Phrase are two mangas which made good use of original lyrics. smile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:23 pm

Sensual phase was okay but I mean this manga is completely Lyrics. No dialogue from characters... just lyrics. xd

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

shadow_halo95

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:12 pm

i got an idea for one but all i did draw characters for it i haven't really did the manga yet i still need to come up with the story for it
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:41 pm

shadow_Knight95
i got an idea for one but all i did draw characters for it i haven't really did the manga yet i still need to come up with the story for it

Well, what's the idea?

wickeddelight

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:24 am

Here's mine

You wake up in a broken home

"I will not make the same mistakes that you did."

But the female you see is not your reflection, as you are male.
A lone vase fall off a table, but the water is black. It's oil.
The female smiles, tears rolling down her cheeks, and though she wants to say something
Her lips are sown shut

Page 2

"I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery."

You watche her in the mirror and as you reach out to dry her tears, the glass surface is water and the female a vespa woman. The onibaba(
"I will not break the way that you did."

You try and scream but inside the noise of silence your drowning. Your falling. and all together you shatter, and behind your exterior is just a lone clone of yourself.

page 3

"You fell so hard, I've learned the hard way, to never let it get that far."

Your alone in that silence, everythings gone and before you the world of another place and time opens up. your now on a corner, you know not who you are and a woman whispers words of poison in your ear. She reaches out but you run. Into the strange world you know nothing of.

(That's all I got so far)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:49 pm

Nice. I'm working on a slashy-but-not-yaoi manga, but the back story of one character involves a pretty intense yaoi story. And because I love yaoi, I'm actually planning on making a second series specifically to tell the story. So, long stoy short, yes, I've got a yaoi manga in the works. It's AU, slightly fantasy, and I suppose underage sex....now that I think about it.^^;

Ootori Kyouya-sama

watermelonlily

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:52 am

I'm in a manga group already... but, I'd be happy to help out, if you know anything about paneling and could teach me! =P (fair trade)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:49 pm

watermelonlily
I'm in a manga group already... but, I'd be happy to help out, if you know anything about paneling and could teach me! =P (fair trade)

Paneling - eh, I know a few general principles, but no I'm not an expert. I'm a writer, paneling is more of a visual skill. I bet that people who are more into scripting and directing movies might have good instincts for paneling, if you could find one of those.

wickeddelight

_sweet_lil_anime_girl_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:08 pm

I am going to make a graphic novel based on the book I wrote, but I need someone to help me with drawing it... (I can get some down but no all)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:53 pm

I have two original shounen ai stories I wouldn't mind having made into mangas but I can't draw. One involves normal settings however the other is between a vampire and a human based on a failed attempt at a novel I made some years back. I'm part of a manga group set in the Netherlands called Howling Riot but it's a Shounen collection so any shounen ai ideas are out of the question.

Ryosei_Hime

Fashionable Lunatic

5,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100

Mage_Almasy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:46 am

I've been wanting to start a little manga for a while now--but I hate working alone.You just lose interest so fast(at least I do) and never end up doing any work.So I've put that idea aside for now XD
For now,I'm just having fun working on a little comic with Ed&Roy.Keeps me busy,just for fun.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:42 am

Paneling- first use pencil very carefully and make a sketchy outline, then draw out lines to whatever you want in the panel very lightly, remember speach bubbles come before character. Then you scan you sketch. Simple no? With the aid of computer technology use Open canvas or photoshop or whatever the hell you want to call it and enve you lines to create a panel Print. Then ink your caracters, scan again, edit and add dialogue. Usually your editor does the dialougue. But the few Rougues out there like me. Use their own methods of spell check.

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:38 am

I've started countless and never manage to finish them, due to the fact that I must devote myself first to school >_< and my constant moving-around forces me to put some stuff in storage.
[The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games