Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Terminology and Believability Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iosonos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:29 pm
TeaDidikai
Can you cite an authority on this? I've read a bit of the Indigo Children material, but I haven't come across the Crystal Children.

For the most part no, it's more of a term that I've come across while dealing with a few minour cult or coven "predictions" about future turmoil. The only sources i've really found were googled.
http://www.starchild.co.za/what.html was my main influence.
http://www.crystalchildren.com/ mentions a man by the name of Steve Rother, and would be your best bet if you wanted to follow up.
http://www.thecrystalchildren.com/crystal.html another one i had read

I havent gotten too deep into the Crystal Children, so I wouldn't be the best source beyond adding it to the list.
TeaDidikai

Further- most of the Indigo Children material I have worked with was from a clinical psychological framework. Nothing "spiritual" per se outside of the comments on the spiritual nature of the personality type.

I tend to look at people funny when they speak of Indigo Children as fodder for delusions of "Mr. Darks" and other such things. I am starting to wonder if it isn't akin to bastardizing the concept itself.

The indigo children seems to have some christian God connections. Some articles mention of angels and the kids being sent by God as saviours of mankind. I'd suggest looking into the Steve Rother guy. The original idea is probably an Age of Aquarious take, at least partially spread by him.

TeaDidikai

Quote:
Servitor
Eggregores

Are tradition specific terms now a function of "believability"?

Ah, sorry about that, I was just going through the list of terms I could remember. Forgot what the post was about razz

TeaDidikai
Quote:
Shadowwalkers depends on the group involved. Can mean "dark"/black magickian, vampires, or (and most commonly) astral beings with negative intent against yah.
Your spelling of magician made my eyes bleed.

Group of people I used to hang out with used it alot, it grew on me razz

TeaDidikai

Quote:
Black Magician is the opposite of Lightworker, in almost all ways. Some believe in Karma and say they accept the repercussions, most of these are just as fluffy as lightworkers, but rather than trying to heal, they try to hurt. RPG at its best... (I personally blame Final Fantasy, I mean who doesnt want that straw hat?)

Funny- the only Black Magician I know of is a South African CMer.

Further- is this a function of what folks call themselves or what others call them?

Hmm, good points, I'll redefine. It's not that there aren't serious black magicians, I've read a few articles by them that were pretty good. This is a group I'm still working on. I've noticed that most who claim to be BMs are also vamps, weres, otherkin, or some weird mix of all. So again, I consider this to be largely a junk category.

Further- you're right, many use the dark magician title to define others. So take a look up above, and if there's any more problems with the edits, let me know ^^

TeaDidikai

Quote:

Dark Ones

Are we getting into psychological archetypes now?

Psychological archetypes? Wasn't my initial meaning for it, but if you can give me a synopsis, or couple links to what you mean, and I'll try to clarify.

Actually, i guess in a sense this is like the above thoughtform/servitor problem, I've been checking out the "shadow people" off and on as of late, and the Dark Ones was another name used by some for these shadows.

TeaDidikai

Quote:
Shadow People, aka shadows that go bump in the night. Big paranormal community are their normally paranoid selves on this subject. Lots of chatter about big bad shadows coming up on people during the night, creating fear and feeding, although some have been considered friendly. My suggestion, nuke these if you can (the bad ones).
Do you randomly suggest people "nuke" things they don't understand?

Let's just say in this case from a bad experience.
http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa022502a.htm
I'll look for some of the articles I've been studying.

Anyways, the point wasn't meant to nuke them outright, I have a similar entity that was following me around for a while draining me. She wasn't a shadow person, even though she looked like the shade described.

There are ones like this though that are very malicious, trying to cause physical harm, or pure terror. And a few members of my group have had run-ins with similar entities as well. I guess in this case I'm not neutral, so take it as a biased definition.

TeaDidikai

Quote:
Atlanteans
Lemurians
These have always made me giggle.

As someone who has no problem accepting reincarnation and has experienced "past life regression" wherein she was born on an island far from where I now live, I have to ask- "Who gives a flying ******** which island you were born on?".

Hehe, I guess people like to follow lineages xp
I've also watched a few forums, or read articles (didn't bookmark these though, this isn't my normal topic of coverage) that talked about a war between the Atlanteans and Lemurians. Maybe there's still some nationality issues?

TeaDidikai

Quote:
Hunters... if any of these do exist, it'd just give me a reason to buy that baton I always wanted...

Hope that helps some.
And why do you want said baton?

Granted, the idiots who cannot tell White Wolf from reality do deserve to have the ******** s**t beat out of them. But to some of us, it is part of our ministry to those of our faith to ward and in some cases destroy those who would seek to harm our community.

You pretty much said what I was thinking. I meant the baton bit as a joke, but if I found out I was being "hunted" in real life, well, I'd prefer to be on guard.

The "If any of these do exist," part i meant in the physical they're out to get me sorta way. Beyond that, I consider them to be grifters.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Quote:
Atlanteans
Lemurians
These have always made me giggle.
why is it that whenever i see "Lemurian", i get a very vivid picture of a bunch of lemmings and a cliff?  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:41 pm
Iosonos
The indigo children seems to have some christian God connections. Some articles mention of angels and the kids being sent by God as saviours of mankind. I'd suggest looking into the Steve Rother guy. The original idea is probably an Age of Aquarious take, at least partially spread by him.
And what I am saying is that the initial soft science doesn't deal with what I consider to be a bastardization of a very valid concept.

Quote:

I would be happy to send them a Leap Frog for Christmas so they can learn to spell.

Quote:

Further- you're right, many use the dark magician title to define others. So take a look up above, and if there's any more problems with the edits, let me know ^^
Other than I think it is asinine to title someone based on a bastardized understanding of theology or practices that aren't taken in context? Nope. No problem.

Quote:

Psychological archetypes? Wasn't my initial meaning for it, but if you can give me a synopsis, or couple links to what you mean, and I'll try to clarify.

Actually, i guess in a sense this is like the above thoughtform/servitor problem, I've been checking out the "shadow people" off and on as of late, and the Dark Ones was another name used by some for these shadows.
It was snark based upon Jung's theories.

Quote:

Why does this reminding me of patients giving doctors medical suggestions?
Quote:

Hehe, I guess people like to follow lineages xp
I've also watched a few forums, or read articles (didn't bookmark these though, this isn't my normal topic of coverage) that talked about a war between the Atlanteans and Lemurians. Maybe there's still some nationality issues?
Their nationality belongs to the nation they are accepted in. Not in past life experiences.

And what lineage? What cultural concepts have been passed down?

Quote:

You pretty much said what I was thinking. I meant the baton bit as a joke, but if I found out I was being "hunted" in real life, well, I'd prefer to be on guard.
What, prey tell, would merit someone like you being "hunted"?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:10 pm
TeaDidikai
Not a Totem then. Something else- sure. But it doesn't fit the nature of the word Totem.

So, just to get this straight...
Having a totem is like Athenian Citizenship, in that it can only be a Totem if it has been in the family line since... the inception of the concept. confused  

Fiddlers Green

Iosonos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:01 pm
TeaDidikai
Iosonos

I would be happy to send them a Leap Frog for Christmas so they can learn to spell.

I'll compile a list for you then.

TeaDidikai

Quote:

Other than I think it is asinine to title someone based on a bastardized understanding of theology or practices that aren't taken in context? Nope. No problem.
Good, as long as you're happy. If you have anything you want to add to the term, go right ahead.

TeaDidikai

Quote:

Why does this reminding me of patients giving doctors medical suggestions?

True enough, your experience trumps mine.

TeaDidikai

Quote:

Maybe there's still some nationality issues?
Their nationality belongs to the nation they are accepted in. Not in past life experiences.

And what lineage? What cultural concepts have been passed down?

I dunno, never talked to a reincarnated Atlantean or Lemurian.

TeaDidikai

Quote:

What, prey tell, would merit someone like you being "hunted"?

Nothing at all, but there are crazies out there.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:43 am
TeaDidikai
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
Further- most of the Indigo Children material I have worked with was from a clinical psychological framework. Nothing "spiritual" per se outside of the comments on the spiritual nature of the personality type.

I tend to look at people funny when they speak of Indigo Children as fodder for delusions of "Mr. Darks" and other such things. I am starting to wonder if it isn't akin to bastardizing the concept itself.
I'd say that the concept of Indigo Children is, in fact, a spiritual one considering that the term was coined by a pair of New Agers who claim to have received the revelation of the nature of the Indigo Child from a being named Kryon that one of the pair channels. I do see the Indigo movement as being the breeding ground for Mr. Darks - parents who believe in the Indigo Child phenomenon are apt to identify their child as an Indigo based on some number of perceived similarities to the Indigo "type", and as such they are more likely to steer their child, once "identified" as Indigo, toward fulfilling the positive aspects of being an Indigo.

As I recall, they popularized a concept that Dr. William King had yet to publish and copyright. A bit of a sore spot for his cousin when speaking with her about the matter.

Do you have any more information on this? A search for "'William King' 'indigo children'" didn't seem to bring anything up and I'm curious.

One of my therapists was heavily into New Age and Indigo Children and similar concepts. (Actually, several were, but she was the only one who actively pushed it on me.) She told me that my agoraphobia stemmed from a past life in which I was a healer and helpless to stop my tribe (yeah) from dying. After six sessions or so of me staring at her while she told me this, she said, "You do believe in reincarnation, right?"

To which I responded, "No, not really." sweatdrop

Anyway, I'm curious as to what Indigo Children really means, since the only interpretations I've heard, including from my therapist, have been New Age kind of angle, with "indigo auras" and being "psychic" and sensitive. It certainly wasn't a way of sorting personality type comparable to Myers and Briggs or anything like that. Said therapist was really New Agey though so I wouldn't be surprised that she butchered a term.

phoenix shadowwolf
why is it that whenever i see "Lemurian", i get a very vivid picture of a bunch of lemmings and a cliff?

The ring-tailed lemurian.

When I first read it on his list of terms, I thought they were folks who believed they are some sort of primitive primate people.  

MoonJeli

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:40 pm
Iosonos

I'll compile a list for you then.
Please do. It's hard enough reading when you're dyslexic as all get out, it doesn't the frustration doesn't need to be compounded by people making up random spellings to make themselves feel special.

Quote:
Good, as long as you're happy. If you have anything you want to add to the term, go right ahead.
Qualifiers as to the quality of individuals who would use such a term to classify others would include:

Ignorant, foolhardy and delusional.

Quote:

Nothing at all, but there are crazies out there.
Yes. there are Crazies. But you have to do something for them to notice you to begin with.

MoonJeli
Do you have any more information on this? A search for "'William King' 'indigo children'" didn't seem to bring anything up and I'm curious.
William King has a PhD out of UW and in the late fifties was working on a personality profiling system that was named after the colors of the rainbows and attached a concept of "generational pattern" to it.

His cousin lived in RoLan, a home for the Aged and when she saw the book her caretaker had she went off on a rant about a lawsuit and copyright infringement and the like. ~shrugs~ There are some books that do take a psychological angle to the "Indigo Children" system, which I am told was influenced by Dr. W. King's lectures in the Southwest.

Fiddlers Green

So, just to get this straight...
Having a totem is like Athenian Citizenship, in that it can only be a Totem if it has been in the family line since... the inception of the concept. confused
I am saying that having a totem is a function of maintained relationships with spirits bound to your genetic line.

To garner a spirit from another field would make it "like a totem but not a totem". ~shrugs~ Kind of how Kleenx isn't the only kind of facial tissue.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:25 pm
TeaDidikai
MoonJeli
William King has a PhD out of UW and in the late fifties was working on a personality profiling system that was named after the colors of the rainbows and attached a concept of "generational pattern" to it.

His cousin lived in RoLan, a home for the Aged and when she saw the book her caretaker had she went off on a rant about a lawsuit and copyright infringement and the like. ~shrugs~ There are some books that do take a psychological angle to the "Indigo Children" system, which I am told was influenced by Dr. W. King's lectures in the Southwest.

So you consider this a more valid use of the term? Did he actually use "children" as the title of his personality profiles? I'd love to read a book on it if you know the titles. I want to see if my therapists incorporated ANYTHING like that in it before spewing it at me. I highly doubt it. razz

I'd never heard of this before, only the New Age term. Thanks for pointing it out.  

MoonJeli

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:07 pm
MoonJeli

So you consider this a more valid use of the term?
My concept of validity hangs on a personal sense of justice. The infringement of intellectual property- (even if the black and white ink doesn't hold it as legally binding) very much violates the "validity" of the term as it is applied within the New Age communities.
Quote:

Did he actually use "children" as the title of his personality profiles?
Yes. -Color- Children, as he was applying this to concepts of childhood personality developement.

"Red Children" were individuals usually born out of national or personal senses of loss and as a result functioned emotionally in a reserved fashion etc...

"Blue Children" were individuals born out of Apathy and as a generation sought acknowledgement for international (and often dynamic) revisions to the conventional social orders...

Too much to go into here. I don't know if he ever published as he lost the law suit, but he did lecture and some of the lectures were recorded. I think a Uni in AZ still has them as they were willed to it.

Quote:
I'd never heard of this before, only the New Age term. Thanks for pointing it out.
Which is why I tend to look at people funny. And you're more than welcome.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:04 am
TeaDidikai
I am saying that having a totem is a function of maintained relationships with spirits bound to your genetic line.

So, how long must it be in one's blood?
How many generations?
This also obviously makes adopted children breaks in the lineage, so they and all their spawn are not able to claim totem, until the genration requisite is met...

Quote:
To garner a spirit from another field would make it "like a totem but not a totem". ~shrugs~ Kind of how Kleenx isn't the only kind of facial tissue.

confused
So what is the terminology for the Spirit freshly bound to a person's line?
Or does it become a Totem the moment the entity is cajoled, petitioned, bargained with, bound, blackmailed, or beaten, into alliance with one's bloodline?  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:27 pm
Fiddlers Green

So, how long must it be in one's blood?
How many generations?
This also obviously makes adopted children breaks in the lineage, so they and all their spawn are not able to claim totem, until the genration requisite is met...
To me, it would be a "Totem" within the first generation as long as it was bound to the line itself.

As for adoption, it would depend on the spirit and/or the culture. Case in point: while I am sure many families over the ages have had Horse as a totem, Gras belongs to kulo rati alone (which excludes me as well) within most sects of Rroma culture I have heard of.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff