Unhappy!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:35 pm
So, I ordered the Nana live action movie from: An online site and I got the movie pretty quick, cheap price everything was great...I was rather happy.

First off, the subtitles were horrible! They were just a really bad translation! Then about 15-20 minutes into the film..the subtitles just stopped! They just sat on the screen not changing at all for a good 20 minutes or so! Then here comes the best part. The movie ended and the credits pop up...and guess what just so happens to pop up as well?
"This is a fansub, if you paid for this...you were ripped off"

I was so pissed, We wrote a very nasty letter to the internet store that sold us the movie. They've asked that we return the movie and they will "replace" it...they aren't offering a refund, just a replacement for an illegal copy. -__-;

Anyway, I just wanted to share this, as well as warn others when buying things online. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:52 am
Something VERY similar happened to me when I got a copy of Kimi Wa Petto off of Ebay. On the sellers site they showed the DVD case and all, even all of the little tech specs. Two weeks later, I got an envelope in the mail with two burned discs that contained the same version of the series that I watched on youtube. I went back to contact the guy and he deleted his email and ebay account.

I just ordered my copy of Nana from a seller in Hong Kong, and now that I hear your story I am terrified that I will get burned by a fansub again.

If I do, I'll post the sellers name on here so no one else gets screwed over by them.  

face2face
Crew

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:34 pm
Yeah, I am scared to order another copy, but was told that there was a site which had the HongKong version that included real english subtitles and it was not a fansub. So, if I can afford that.....IF this other site gives me my money back...I'll try to order that one.

Nana is my all time favorite movie in the world, ever since I first saw it I wanted it. I tried to burn a fansub copy a long time ago but, it ended up really screwed up. My computer can't exactly handle an entire movie being burned to disk. So, I pretty much have to buy it if I want it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:18 pm
I've ordered a lot of things from Hong Kong and I've never had a problem as far as quality, so I have a good feeling about this. The only thing that scares me is the seller had a handfull of negative feedback this month dealing with people that didn't recieve their order or get their money back since the guy won't answer any correspondence.

The copy I got was only like $11.00, so I hope I'm not getting cheated. That is the only thing that really makes me nervous when it comes to both ordering ebay and online in general.  

face2face
Crew

Fatestraik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:32 pm
GAH I'd be pissed. They should watch the movies before selling them... Mo... I also realize when the subs suck. I may not know much Jap, but I can tell when the subs are OFF. Once you've looked into Japanese culture and manga/anime a little, you can tell what is going on...but people that have no clue get the wrong idea.

SUBS ARE VERY IMPORTANT!!! Those sub scammers deserve to be struck by grave misfortune. May they start wetting their beds again. *hmph*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:07 pm
Well, that is what happens when you order it like that. You kinda have to make the choice if you want to risk a bad sub, or wait for it to someday come out with American subtitling.
Which, buy the way, it is getting licensed.

I bought a bad sub off of ebay, the subtitles stick in a spot, but I pause it and/or fast-forward a little and go back, and it does the trick. I know it so well that I don't really need the subtitles, though. ^^;;

You can certainly bet that I will be watching ebay like a hawk for Nana 2.

Oh yeah, there is always a bittorrent. You usually find a good subtitling by a dedicated fan group and at high quality.  

Nafariously Ploted

Anti-Ling

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:43 pm
I got the Actual Japanese Version, complete with No subs, for the low low price of something outrageous
@ 3@;;

Oh well
I like it
And I have Youtube/Nana-Nana for subs xD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:37 am
Eeee-yeah, generally, buying DVDs from sellers in Hong Kong is a big no-no as that place is chock-full of bootleg CDs and movies. Another thing that should set off your "bootleg-mimi" should be region free DVDs. DVDs are almost never region free.  

Asano Rain

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

Ouch. >.O

It's always safer to buy a DVD in a real book / video store.

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. .:Building The New Era:.

They don't sell the live action NANA movie anywhere around here, I've asked at the bookstores and they tell me that they've never even heard of NANA, so...*shrugs*

The only way I can get anything anime/manga related is through the internet and I've never had any trouble with any other stores...until this one.

I don't buy anything from E-Bay though, I just never thought that was a good idea. And I do have a copy of the movie that I got from a torrent, but the file size is much too large to fit on a DVD, so...I can't burn it to watch it on the television.

.:Shin-Ra Forever:.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:26 am
You probably won't find the DVD in normal bookstores and such, unless you live in an area with lots of Japanese people (like Little Tokyo for instance). Even then you might need to go to a record/video store... Oh, and the original NANA movie is encoded in region 2 so you'd need a regionless DVD player or a DVD-rom. 3nodding

Have you tried DVD Shrink? I'm not one for burning DVD movies so I wouldn't know, but one of my friends burned a hard-subbed version of the first NANA movie so she could watch it on the TV instead of the computer and it turned out pretty good. Subs were a bit small but still watchable.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:23 am
I got the copy I ordered from Hong Kong today. The movie is there in a case that looks like what it should, complete with the cardboard cover. Only problem: There is only one disk and the little movie book that is supposed to be there isn't. The subtitles are good (after you figure out what button is what since the menu is all in Japanese and Chinese), the quality is great, but the packaging is pretty crappy. The little cardboard cover has already started to come apart but that isn't anything a little glue won't fix. The seller also said that the DVD was region free, but it isn't. At least it plays in my computer.
I am a little disappointed about not having the special features, but from what I understand they don't have English subtitles and my Japanese isn't very good so I'm not missing out on much.
At least I have an actual DVD now so I don't have to worry about downloading it (which was going to be my last resort) or watching it on YouTube whenever I wanted my Nana fix.
Next time I'm going Amazon. Can't hurt to have two copies.  

face2face
Crew

VampMiyu

Sparkly Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:44 am
I think Ebay's really dangerous, they take NO respones on the people anouncing their stuff, that way if someone rips you off they they have problems and keep the money anyhow...I've never bought on ebay cause I've heard off so many people who've had the same problems as you...

I saw the Nana movie in a japanese store in London gonk crying I didnt have enough money to buy it!!!  
Official NANA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games