Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Meditation/Visualization: Tips? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iosonos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:25 am
Darin Rosewood
Yeah, since I effectively suck at them, I'd like to learn how to improve my abilities in either or both. Any help at all will be appreciated. My main problems:
Meditation: I can't keep concentration very well, and I'm not sure exactly what to expect. How do I know when I'm doing it right?

Well, I don't think anyone has brought this up yet, but bineural beats are also a very good way to get into meditation, as by following the sounds, it'll take you through the different stages. Its easy to learn, and finding a *cough* free version of something like Brainwave Generator is easy. After the first couple times, try to notice your switch between each of the different stages, and start trying to replicate these without the generator, using other methods of meditation.

Darin Rosewood

Visualization: I can get an image in my head fairly well, the problem is keeping it there. Also, same problem as meditation, I'm not entirely sure where the balance is between imagining something there and actually seeing it (which I've never been able to do).

Visualization is a hard thing to do. If you're trying to beef up astral sight, an interesting thing would be to walk into a room you know fairly well, without studying it (such as your bedroom), turn your back to it, and tried to visualize every minute detail. You may find you leave things out, but whatever, try to get used to building images from thoughts. Sounds and other things such as that work to. Hell, if you want, be blind for a couple days, and try to visualize everything you do, everything you touch, etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:04 pm
Aki Norikaeru
....Um I meant it is easier to see the flame, I should have said the outline gets burned into your brain. The reason it would be bad is it is like, on a much smaller scale, looking into the sun. Sorry for the bad wording. xp
Ummmm... no. It really isn't.

The number of photons that a candle bounces off your retina verses the sun is very different.

Beta-carotene is flushed from the optic nerves on a daily basis. If you are having problems with “retinal burn” it is because of malnutrition, not the candle.  

TeaDidikai

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:14 pm
Well then I guess the only way it could be bad is if someone had an astigmatism. lol thanks for the correction. Also, I'm not having trouble I just thought looking at a bright light for long periods of time would be a bad thing. I just hope I'm not wrong this often. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:58 pm
Aki Norikaeru
Also, I'm not having trouble I just thought looking at a bright light for long periods of time would be a bad thing.
As someone with an understanding of photography, a candle isn't bright. It doesn't even fill the sum of the light spectrum enough to worry about photons causing long term damage on their own.

Quote:
I just hope I'm not wrong this often. sweatdrop
Couldn't say. Haven't seen enough of your posts.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces