Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply kpopFANS
BoA in CNN/Might go International (O.O; )!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chii Mademoiselle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:33 am
"According to the CNN website, BoA will be on 'CNN TalkAsia', a talk show on Asian politics and entertainment, next week. (Check the website for detailed schedules in your country) With the host Anjali Rao, BoA will talk about her childhood stardom and her plans to launch an acting career, which, as BoAjjang reported in the past, is expected to begin early next year.

BoA is the second Korean singer to be invited to the show, after Rain who, after his appearance on the show last year, has launched his successful overseas career. But it is unlikely that BoA will follow Rain's example and immediately start an overseas career, given her already busy schedules for next year including another Arena tour and a new Japanese album.

Besides BoA and Rain, previous guests on CNN TalkAsia include South Korean president Kim Dae-Jung, Taiwanese heartthrob Wang Lee Hom and internationally renowned artist Elton John."

Credits: Boajjang.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CNN Website

COMING UP NEXT WEEK

"Korean pop sensation BoA has been making waves across Asia with her catchy tunes and outgoing personality. She was talent-spotted when she was just 11 years old, and conquered the competitive Japanese market while still in her teens. Now she's looking to go global with a new album due out soon. She talks to Anjali Rao about the challenges of being a child star, and her plans to branch out into acting."

FINALLY~! She finally been invited to be interviewed in the show!!
Last year Rain went, I saw it but only half of the interview. Hopefully
she will speak in English, because I am sure her English improved.
Also, in the CNN website it says she's going global with a new album!!
Hmmm...not really sure if it's a good idea, but I support
her all the way~! Best idea would probebly do a duet with Rain in English.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:20 pm
Whoa... I always thought BoA was already famous overseas. O_o

Rain made it fast... wait, isn't he new? :O

Whow..............  

I Have Moved

Chii Mademoiselle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:30 pm
Prince Orange
Whoa... I always thought BoA was already famous overseas. O_o

Rain made it fast... wait, isn't he new? :O

Whow..............

She is pretty famous overseas, and by that
I mean all around Asia. BUT!!! Not that known in Europe and America.
BoA has well alot of Korean fans in nroth America, and
her music video's are played not often but enough in MTV K (korean channel in america for teens) to be well known. I expect her to BoA to make an appearance in MTVK - TRL because her music video "My Name" was the first and opening music video fro MTVK channel.

NOTE: Reason why she didn't go overseas earlier
is because she's focusing in Asia right now. It's a little easier biased on language if she started in America?Europe because you only speak English. But in Asia, much MORE HARDER because like Asia has like lots of languages and not all can udnerstand nor speak English. Heck it took 4 - 5 years for BoA to finally tone down her Korean accent when speaking Japanese and probebly another 3 years for her to be fluent in Chinese, that alone she will still have a strong accent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:27 pm
wow. . i thought she was already famous too. . rain is pretty big in vietnam. . since full house. . wonder if she is going to be in a drama. .  

[schizophrenic]

Hyung Horangi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:02 am
she's famous in asia but i guess not that hot in euro and states.....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:01 pm
Hyung Horangi
she's famous in asia but i guess not that hot in euro and states.....

alot of people here know her. .  

[schizophrenic]

Hyung Horangi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:41 pm
but i guess the percentage of the people knowing her isn't that good yet for them to make good.... anyhow... just my opinion hehehehe biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:23 am
The CNN interview can now be viewed in Youtube~!

CNN TalkAsia - BoA Part 1

CNN TalkAsia - BoA Part 2

CNN TalkAsia - BoA Part 3

The total interview is about 30 minutes long,
and she looks so simple~! Like she doesn't have alot
of make-up yet still looks cute, and also she likes J.T..
in the interview she answered...

Chii Mademoiselle

-alwaysmile-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:50 pm
Really?!! i never knew!!! A lot of singers are trying to get into the acting business these days -__- se7en also trying acting by acting in the next goong ^__^ hope her acting is good! i'll definately try out her new movie when it comes out  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:23 pm
Matsuo-chan
"According to the CNN website, BoA will be on 'CNN TalkAsia', a talk show on Asian politics and entertainment, next week. (Check the website for detailed schedules in your country) With the host Anjali Rao, BoA will talk about her childhood stardom and her plans to launch an acting career, which, as BoAjjang reported in the past, is expected to begin early next year.

BoA is the second Korean singer to be invited to the show, after Rain who, after his appearance on the show last year, has launched his successful overseas career. But it is unlikely that BoA will follow Rain's example and immediately start an overseas career, given her already busy schedules for next year including another Arena tour and a new Japanese album.

Besides BoA and Rain, previous guests on CNN TalkAsia include South Korean president Kim Dae-Jung, Taiwanese heartthrob Wang Lee Hom and internationally renowned artist Elton John."

Credits: Boajjang.

CNN Website

COMING UP NEXT WEEK

"Korean pop sensation BoA has been making waves across Asia with her catchy tunes and outgoing personality. She was talent-spotted when she was just 11 years old, and conquered the competitive Japanese market while still in her teens. Now she's looking to go global with a new album due out soon. She talks to Anjali Rao about the challenges of being a child star, and her plans to branch out into acting."

FINALLY~! She finally been invited to be interviewed in the show!!
Last year Rain went, I saw it but only half of the interview. Hopefully
she will speak in English, because I am sure her English improved.
Also, in the CNN website it says she's going global with a new album!!
Hmmm...not really sure if it's a good idea, but I support
her all the way~! Best idea would probebly do a duet with Rain in English.

oh thats so cool =D  

~blossom_Mitsuki~

kpopFANS

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces