Reply Advice Forum
help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hellfiremage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:12 pm
i have come clean about the atheism to my mom.I however have the problem of my "religious" stepdad to tell.
i need help on how tot do so, if you could pm me some suggestions.
thank you for your time, and consideration.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:19 pm
This probably should have been posted under the "Advice" sub-forum, but I'm not a moderator, so I won't get into it.

Congratulations on telling your mom the truth about how you feel. I'm not going to PM you since I don't see why you have a problem with us posting here. Not trying to sound mean or anything.

To make my post some-what of use and if you actually do come back to see this, I will give you something to think about in reguards to your stepfather.

If he's overly religious, the best choice is to tell him right out. Sit down, and have a talk with him. Don't say anything rude like, "I'm atheist, so deal with it!", although I'm sure you know better than that. Maybe say something like, "I want to tell you something very important. I'm not telling you to upset you or to shock you. I'm telling you because I value our relationship and want to be honest." Something where he'll perhaps feel where you're coming from.

Good luck. I hope everything works out.

Gunpowder Valentine

hellfiremage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:23 am
Jajauma Hime
This probably should have been posted under the "Advice" sub-forum, but I'm not a moderator, so I won't get into it.

Congratulations on telling your mom the truth about how you feel. I'm not going to PM you since I don't see why you have a problem with us posting here. Not trying to sound mean or anything.

To make my post some-what of use and if you actually do come back to see this, I will give you something to think about in reguards to your stepfather.

If he's overly religious, the best choice is to tell him right out. Sit down, and have a talk with him. Don't say anything rude like, "I'm atheist, so deal with it!", although I'm sure you know better than that. Maybe say something like, "I want to tell you something very important. I'm not telling you to upset you or to shock you. I'm telling you because I value our relationship and want to be honest." Something where he'll perhaps feel where you're coming from.

Good luck. I hope everything works out.

well there is a problem, i feel like he hates me, and pardon my language ma'am, but he's a d**k.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:52 pm
Well do you like him? If not then why tell him? If religion everr comes up in a coversation then you can say then. If he asks why you hid it then just say "I wasn't hiding it. I just didn;t see any point in telling you."  

Cloud0.0Strife

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:36 am
Cloud0.0Strife
Well do you like him? If not then why tell him? If religion everr comes up in a coversation then you can say then. If he asks why you hid it then just say "I wasn't hiding it. I just didn;t see any point in telling you."

i agree, if you don't like him and he doesn't like you...then don't tell him!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:26 pm
Topic moved, since these subs took hard earned gold and should be filled 3nodding

I have to go, but I'll have some advice edited in 3nodding
EDIT: I agree with Julie. Tell him, if he gets mad, well, tell him that's the way it is for you. If he can't accept it then he is immature, but it was how he was raised.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:32 pm
If he is overly religious then I think the best way to tell him would be point blank. Just explain that this is your opinion and he has to accept that.
User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces