Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Our technology coming closer to those on the ship...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:29 am
Click Here

I wasn't sure where to put this so if this don't go here please feel free to move it mrgreen thanks.

I thought I would share with you guys what a friend showed me. It's really awesome. There's a video in that link that demonstrate it. Basically they've replaced the computer world with something similar to what was in Star Trek.

Anyway you'll understand what I mean after you watched the demo wink  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:47 pm
I find this extremely interesting and want to see more. There are more of these "Ted" videos, yes? I went to teh main directory of teh site, and couldn't find any links to other vids, but my appetite craves more.  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:11 pm
I can't see the video, but if you are talking about how many things in Star Trek have actually come to pass, there are quite a few. TOS had desktop computers with floppy disks, which is not only already with us, but we've passed it up. Likewise, their communicators are nothing but closed-circuit cell phones. In 1968, such things were science fiction, but today...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:46 am
wow that was soooo cool! i cant wait until it comes out on the market and...isnt horribly expenisve! i'm totally buying that!
its the star trek tech of today!  

Shotgun_Rae

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces