Yeah, I am confused.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:33 pm
So I go to see the Mad Caddies. Thats normal, nothing weird. But something about that concert has been bugging the hell out of me. Why the ******** was Love=Death touring with them (sorry if you like them I guess)?

I mean, I really don't get it. Seems like a bad idea two mix two music types that are that diffrent. Is there something that I'm missing?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:51 am
i'm not sure why they do that, at the dallas catch show they had a screamo type band, that wasnt too bad, but i mean they challenged us to try skanking to one of their songs caus they didnt think wed be able to, damn did we prove them wrong,but im pretty sure theres enough local bands to fill in im not sure why this band was used  

Canada3952

-SexualApocalypse-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:48 am
you are quite right... wtf?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:50 pm
yeah... wtf?

well i went to see the Toasters and Death By Stereo and they had this wimpy a** little local emo band open up ofr them... i htink its dead now...  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

SilentPalpatine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:25 pm
Its probably because they are on the same label.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:40 pm
its the lable's doing.

The Aquabats! toured around with No Trigger and Whole Wheat Bread a few legs. It sucked.  

Jordy PLZ

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:38 pm
Damn lables.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:03 am
I hate how Catch-22 is on Victory, so all the demos are chock full of the wailing and whining of emo/screamo/whatever bands.  

annerbelle

Jordy PLZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:21 pm
annerbelle
I hate how Catch-22 is on Victory, so all the demos are chock full of the wailing and whining of emo/screamo/whatever bands.

You have to admit that Catch-22 is evolving though. They're apealing to a wider variety of scenes that include those.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:02 pm
SilentPalpatine
Its probably because they are on the same label.

exactly...  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Canada3952

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:52 pm
labels are part of the reason im not a big fan of modern popular american music, the labels decide and produce alot of it, and im not exactly a big fan of that music to begin with, on the other hand if you look at the charts for like australia, the music is diverse interesting and most of it is iincredibly good, I know those are on labels to so mayube its just more of I dont like american labels  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:59 pm
yeah like (i know htisisn't ska but i also listen to punk- actually i listened to straight punk before i started listening to ska) but epitaph has ruined the l;abel by signing all of these emo-y whine a** bands... and HellCat as well, they have signed some whiney bands as well...  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:02 pm
I think it's simply the music scene trying to cash in on as many people as possible. Various music genre's mixing at one show = higher turnout.  
Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games