Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Pagan Pride Project Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ariadne1031

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:42 pm
TeaDidikai
ariadne1031
On the down side, I think that more disagreements have resulted among participants than feelings of unity.
All I have to say to this is: Good.

It's about bloody time the illigetimate love child of Paganism and the New Age movement got smacked up side the head with the reality of the situation.

Pagans don't agree because we don't have the same ******** theology- let alone politics, values or anything else of the like.

I agree. Trying to get people from at least 10 different Pagan traditions to agree on anything regarding their religion is near impossible. That's not even taking into consideration the vast amount of social and political views involved.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:04 pm
ariadne1031
TeaDidikai
ariadne1031
On the down side, I think that more disagreements have resulted among participants than feelings of unity.

It's about bloody time the illigetimate love child of Paganism and the New Age movement got smacked up side the head with the reality of the situation.

Pagans don't agree because we don't have the same ******** theology- let alone politics, values or anything else of the like.

I agree. Trying to get people from at least 10 different Pagan traditions to agree on anything regarding their religion is near impossible. That's not even taking into consideration the vast amount of social and political views involved.
So why is this a downside again?  

TeaDidikai

ariadne1031

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:16 pm
TeaDidikai
ariadne1031
TeaDidikai
ariadne1031

So why is this a downside again?

The downside was all of the fights and drama that resulted. In our case, there was a big stink over a couple of the PPD fundraisers, the drama snowballed and most of the coordinaters dropped out at the last moment. People became very petty and, all of a sudden, friends quit talking to each other. All over some PPD bullshit.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:14 pm
Here in the Atlanta area PPD is a pretty cool thing. It tends to be very family oriented and there are several VERY good bands (and some OK bands) who play during the day. The entrance fee is non-perishable food for the food bank or pet food to be given to local no-kill shelters. Most of the dealer are interesting and have quality goods. It's a fun day.

-D  

geekgurl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:50 am
ariadne1031

The downside was all of the fights and drama that resulted. In our case, there was a big stink over a couple of the PPD fundraisers, the drama snowballed and most of the coordinaters dropped out at the last moment. People became very petty and, all of a sudden, friends quit talking to each other. All over some PPD bullshit.
This sounds like a function of people not being pagan, but a function of people being assholes.

Again, I say good. Helps disprove the assumption that pagans are good people for being pagan.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff