Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Kitty & The Midnight Hour --Carrie Vaughn

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:23 pm
Have any of you read this book (and the sequal Kitty Goes To Washington)?

Its about this werewolf named Kitty Norville who hosts a late night radio show. It soon evolves into a talk show about the supernatural, and listeners call to ask advice about their "disease" or what the truth is about werewolves, vampires, and other supernaturals.

But Kitty's pack and the local vampire family forbid her to continue the show.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:35 pm
I loved both those books! I prefer the first one, but the second was still awesome. I wish the mercenary had been in it more (ignore my lack of memory for names). I hope Vaughn's writing more books about Kitty. They're so entertaining.  

NightIntent
Captain

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:14 pm
I liked the fact that there was more action in the second one, but I did like the first one better.

I felt they were really...fast. I mean, the plot went by too fast. In the second one, her writing got better. I guess its something Carrie Vaughn has to work on. I read some of her short stories, and they're pretty good.

I was so sad at the end of the first one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:06 pm
I'd like to read her short stories. I don't htink I've seen any, though. I'll have to check her website. (Been meaning to do it.) Do you know if there's another Kitty book scheduled to come out soon? I'd like another one, they're extremely entertaining.  

NightIntent
Captain

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:03 am
NightIntent
I'd like to read her short stories. I don't htink I've seen any, though. I'll have to check her website. (Been meaning to do it.) Do you know if there's another Kitty book scheduled to come out soon? I'd like another one, they're extremely entertaining.
Yeah, its called Kitty Takes A Holiday and will be released next April. See?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:33 am
Ooh, cool. Can't wait. Wish it had a bit of a summary, but oh well.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:26 pm
Okay, so. Kitty Takes A Holiday wasn't as good as the first two books, but still not bad. The ending was disappointing (hello, Cormac?), and the entire sub-plot with Ben was weird. The curses and stuff annoyed me, but they fit with the storyline, so it's all good, I guess. A good thing was that pretty much all the loose ends in the story got tied up (like the skinshifter wahteveritwascalled), with just enough left over to allow for sequels. Other than the ending though (okay, not the entire ending, mostly just the Cormac thing), it was a good book.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:39 am
Kitty Goes to Washington and Kitty Takes a Holiday are both great reads.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Silver.-.Bullet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:36 pm
I've read the first and am going to read the second. I just loved Kitty dear biggrin . She was a loveable character!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:46 am
NightIntent
Okay, so. Kitty Takes A Holiday wasn't as good as the first two books, but still not bad. The ending was disappointing (hello, Cormac?), and the entire sub-plot with Ben was weird. The curses and stuff annoyed me, but they fit with the storyline, so it's all good, I guess. A good thing was that pretty much all the loose ends in the story got tied up (like the skinshifter wahteveritwascalled), with just enough left over to allow for sequels. Other than the ending though (okay, not the entire ending, mostly just the Cormac thing), it was a good book.
I guess it didn't have much of a plot as it was just things happening. But then, that's the whole vacation atmosphere it sets. D: I can't stand Cormac, but he did get to be a better character--jealousy and whatnot makes him more real. I can't believe the end--the next book sort of starts off where this one ended, so I can't wait to read it.  

Rabid Nozomi

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:13 pm
Wow, its been long while since this thread has seen any action. So, 5 books later...

I loved Kitty and the Silver Bullet. It was good to see Kitty resolve her issues with her old pack.

Kitty & the Dead Man's Hand was an enjoyable romp. Odysseus Grant is an interesting new character. I loved the hunter convention xd .

Kitty Raises Hell was a very good wrap up of the issues raised in Vegas.

Kitty's House of Horrors was interesting and typical of the type of trouble Kitty gets into, though the premies seemed a little contrived.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:24 am
I'm pretty sure I stopped reading them after Kitty Raises Hell. I just... lost interest. It's a bad habit. n.n" I enjoyed all of them, but I really wish she'd bring Cormac back already! D: He was my favorite, and he's just not in them enough anymore.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:43 pm
I think he's back in the next book Kitty Goes to War.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 pm
Really? Sweet. Then maybe I'll have to pick up Kitty's House of Horrors sometime.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:26 pm
Got a copy of Discord's Apple. It was really good; I couldn't put it down! That hasn't happened in quite some time.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games