A costly error
  Funny
  Democrats are dumb
  I don't care
  Poll whore
View Results

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:15 am
I felt like trying to get some discussion going, so I was wondering what people thought about Kerry's slip. Here is one of the recent articles on it:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/02/kerry.remarks/index.html

Personally, I think if Kerry said that on Comedy Central, he would have gotten rave reviews. It was still just a slip because I don't think Kerry would be dumb enough to seriously mean something like that considering his political position.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:07 pm
Before the 2004 election a candidate could have won with the platform of, "I'm not Bush," yet Kerry found a way to lose. Ironically he did worse than Gore, even though he should have had it easier. Simply put, Kerry is terrible. However, if he would realize he is not funny, i think he would be okay. Overall, this will probably have no real effect on the election.

Incidentally, has anyone else noticed Bush was reelected primarily on domestic issues (the economy being the largest), but now the Republicans may lose because of foreign issues? That is practically the exact opposite of how things usually go.

Then again, i guess there is little Democrats can complain about domestically since the economy is arguably at the highest point in five years.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Extended Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces