Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Help me Choose a Book!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Book Should I Buy?
  A Book of Pagan Prayer
  Her Hidden Children
  Ancient Mystery Cults
  Magical Meditations
View Results

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:30 pm
I've recently realized that I have a bit more money than I normally do to spend, and rather than start spending money on holiday gifts, I'm thinking of buying a new book. I've got enough fiction to drive a girl mad, so its time for a new pagan-y sort of book.

Books I am considering:

A Book of Pagan Prayer
Her Hidden Children: The rise of Wicca and Paganism in America
Ancient Mystery Cults
Magical Meditations: Guided Imagery for the Pagan Path

I have far too many books on my to-read list (I have seperate wish list on Amazon just for pagan-y sort of books and CD's), some of which I'm just interested in, some for research, some for shits and giggles, but these look interesting. Comment, concerns, ect?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:41 pm
A Book of Pagan Prayer!!!!!!

I'm biased. Cei used to be a friend of mine back on the AOL Paganism message boards, and he's an awesome dude. Very dedicated to being correct and well-researched - he still agonizes over a tiny, highly-unnoticed mistake he made in his first book, even though most people wouldn't notice it until it was pointed out to them and everything else in it is fine.

But yeah. That's my vote.  

Sivirs

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:34 am
I voted the second. Sounds interresting. Is it a follow up to Drawing down the moon by Adler?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:33 am
I say Book of Pagan Prayer or Ancient Mystery Cults. ^_^  

Darin Rosewood

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:02 pm
I read A Book of Pagan Prayer over the summer and I thought it was very good.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:45 pm
Sivirs
I'm biased. Cei used to be a friend of mine back on the AOL Paganism message boards, and he's an awesome dude. Very dedicated to being correct and well-researched - he still agonizes over a tiny, highly-unnoticed mistake he made in his first book, even though most people wouldn't notice it until it was pointed out to them and everything else in it is fine.

But yeah. That's my vote.
isn't he awesome! seriously, the guy knows what he's talking about and is a riot to quote Eddie Izzard with.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:29 am
surprised the Mystery Cult sounds like a very interesting read. But then, I'm biassed towards anything that was at some time secretive. blah, religion just facinates me so xp  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:08 pm
If it were on there I'd say Principia Discordia.

Go Ancient Mystery Cults.  

Mercurial Anima

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:06 pm
I'm all for Ancient Mystrery Cults myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:32 am
I ended up with a book of Pagan Prayer. AMC will be my next purchase (eyes gift certificates)

I'm loving ABOPP so far. I went straight to read his annotated bib. and I'll reproduce his notes for Graves The White Goddess, "Just don't believe a word it says and you'll be alright."

Sounds good to me.  

maenad nuri
Captain

face2face

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:04 am
I've got A Book Of Pagan Prayer so that's where my vote goes. I found it quite interesting.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games