Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Book Series][Nightrunner]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adnamac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:53 pm
So, Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series. Who knows them, has read them loves 'em, because I know I do. =) You don't want to know just how many times I've read and re-read them...it'll only make your head spin. xD

And for those of you who don't know anything about them...so far there are three books in this little series: Luck in the Shadows, Stalking Darkness, and Traitor's Moon. Below is the summary for the first book, Luck in the Shadows, taken from amazon.com:

Amazon.com
When young Alec of Kerry is taken prisoner for a crime he didn’t commit, he is certain that his life is at an end. But one thing he never expected was his cellmate. Spy, rogue, thief, and noble, Seregil of Rhiminee is many things–none of them predictable. And when he offers to take on Alec as his apprentice, things may never be the same for either of them. Soon Alec is traveling roads he never knew existed, toward a war he never suspected was brewing. Before long he and Seregil are embroiled in a sinister plot that runs deeper than either can imagine, and that may cost them far more than their lives if they fail. But fortune is as unpredictable as Alec’s new mentor, and this time there just might be…Luck in the Shadows.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:23 pm
oh i have the first 2! havent gotten around to reading the last one.

though to be honest i only read the books because i heard there was guy on guy. i couldnt really get into this series. during the times where there was no seregil/alec bonding i was like BORE-FEST! way way to much plot!! i know that sounds shallow but i dont know...i wanted more relationship and less plot. i know thats not what the book was focusing on but still! it had so much potential.

oh and the brothel scene? *awesome*  

Renegade Jarlaxle

Pomba Gira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:50 am
Wow, this sounds good! I might have to go look out for this. im always prowling for new books and slashable characeters. yep, yep.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games