Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime: Does it hold the answer to this nuclear mess?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cola Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:54 pm
In recent weeks there has been a lot of talk about nuclear weapons and countries gaining enough uranium (Iran) to build weapons of mass destruction: Nuclear weapons and possible A-Bombs. If history has thought us anything it's the fact that Nuclear/Atomic weapons are deadly.

In fact resources say that it's possible that someday every country in the world will have nuclear weapons for protection.

Skipping the fact that North Korea did this and that (i don't want to get into it again. Too much detail), can there be a greater weapon other then nuclear weapons? The fact is Japan is the only country that has been bombed with nuclear weapons but doesn't posses any weapons mentioned.

I was thinking about the future and coming up with silly theories, but does anime show a vision of what could exist someday? Could anime be showing us weapons and a final answer to compete with nuclear weapons? For example what if eva-units could exist someday? What if Japanese technology could surpass nuclear weapons? If the world was being threatened would the Japanese be quick to respond with their version of weapons of mass destruction?

Think about it. Most anime we watch contain significant mechanism. I'm not much of a mecha-anime fan but i do notice these things in anime. What if Vespar someday did exist and created a Mahoro to defend the world from an attack of Atomic bombs world-wide? Is Japan on to something?

Remember the world around us is changing. Technology is by far changing mankind as well. Technology is the only source we turn most of the time.

So think about an anime you have seened recently. How does it relate to what this topic is about. Did you see any mechanism that is out of this world?

I say maybe 500-1000 years from now those same robots and androids you see in Anime will exist. eek  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:13 am
there working on exosceletons and super human soldiers at this very moment.  

The Dark Dragon of Chaos

Cola Addict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:07 pm
I've overheard that there were some type of robots under works in Japan that would do house cleaning. neutral I heard it from word of mouth.

By the way i suggest you add like somekind of proof.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:24 pm
yeah,here's your proof:Metal Gear.Yeah,thats right.it's not anime,but Metal Gear was made by Hideo Kojima,which to my knowlage,is japanise. rolleyes now,how the hell did he come up with those ideas for metal gear?Exeoskelitens,(excuse my bad spelling)Nuclear tanks,Super soldiers,etc.and his games are based in america.Couincidence?my guess is that he is shareing his knowlage from america with japan to create these things.now,also remember at the end of his last game,Ocelot says:"This information is vital to form the new government"Japan will rise,and conquor the world and make us all watch anime.  

Kail Ritsuka

Cola Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:41 pm
Sharingun290
yeah,here's your proof:Metal Gear.Yeah,thats right.it's not anime,but Metal Gear was made by Hideo Kojima,which to my knowlage,is japanise. rolleyes now,how the hell did he come up with those ideas for metal gear?Exeoskelitens,(excuse my bad spelling)Nuclear tanks,Super soldiers,etc.and his games are based in america.Couincidence?my guess is that he is shareing his knowlage from america with japan to create these things.now,also remember at the end of his last game,Ocelot says:"This information is vital to form the new government"Japan will rise,and conquor the world and make us all watch anime.

Lol.

Well, i never played Metal Gear. None of them but it did look like some interesting stuff. I'm not a gamer and all so i can't really relate to what you said but as you can see you proved my point: Anime holds the answer to this nuclear mess. It's not anime but the creator is Japanese.

Like i mentioned, i'm sure this would certainly be the solution to countries who want nuclear weapons who have no reason to have any.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:46 pm
Sharingun290

YES!
I love metal gear!
I wouldnt really mind if they "make me" watch anime
I like the way FFXII did the first battle
to bad it would never be that way...  

O-TO-KO-YO

Dangerous Conversationalist

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kail Ritsuka