Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Traditional Satanism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalyani Srijoi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Kalyani Srijoi
TeaDidikai
Kalyani Srijoi

Yeah, but it's not the Milton/Judeo-Christian Lucifer, right? It's the Greek Lucifer. Is there any connection between those two, really, besides the name?
Doesn't need to be a connection to be valid, but one might be able to draw connections anyway- after all, the Jewish faith did with other mythos prior to Satan's mention in Job.

You don't need to be able to draw a connection for it to be valid?
In so much that the title of "Satanists" has no set universal definitation- correct.

Oh.

Damnit.

Okay, point. I would say that doing so is awfully illogical, though. I mean, you COULD call yourself, say, a Jesusist if you worshipped FSM, since the term isn't being used and therefore has no set definition, but you would be lame if you did so. Correct?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:19 pm
Kalyani Srijoi

Oh.

Damnit.

Okay, point. I would say that doing so is awfully illogical, though. I mean, you COULD call yourself, say, a Jesusist if you worshipped FSM, since the term isn't being used and therefore has no set definition, but you would be lame if you did so. Correct?
Depends on how the FSM felt about it and the context it carried.

For example, if you use Jesus-Juice (a brand of wine) for a red sauce you produced in honor of his Noodley Apendage- I wouldn't falt you. In fact, I think I would be prompted to have your children.  

TeaDidikai

PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces