Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What makes a Wiccan a Wiccan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:36 am
reagun ban

Yup. And the reported history of Scientology is.... we all know where this is going. What I'm stating is the Correlian Wicca's reported history is lies. I was subjected to their training videos yesterday (as part of a drunken party's festivities).. they were funny until I found out they weren't parodies of Correlian Wicca, rather their "High Reverant" or whatever, giving lectures.
He repeatedly lies on what science has to say about psychics.
He repeatedly lies on what the Gaels believe(d)
He repeatedly lies on what history has to say.
He has no solid understanding of Thamurgy and I honestly think their understanding of magic comes from watching the star wars films.

And since when is a FamTrad not a FamTrad because it doesn't follow the same rules?

If you can prove that the founders were not Scot and First Nation, you have a good argument. Until then, you are saying (phrased as an absolute no less) that one FamTrad cannot exist because it doesn't match the more historical sources. The flaw I see in this is that being a FamTrad, it changes within the Family.

I think you know my opinion of the Corries- but that doesn't mean that as a FamTrad, it wasn't a Scottish FamTrad at one point.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:13 pm
TeaDidikai
And since when is a FamTrad not a FamTrad because it doesn't follow the same rules?

Well, when you show me where I said it wasn't a Fam Trad, and not Wiccan, I'll deal with this.

TeaDidikai
I think you know my opinion of the Corries- but that doesn't mean that as a FamTrad, it wasn't a Scottish FamTrad at one point.

Ah, But all I said is that it's not Wicca.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Aya Azura

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:29 pm
Thanks Nuri. Ayayay! So then how do I find out if what I'm reading is right, or a bunch of babble by ignoramuses? Where did you guys find your information, and where can I get the books. I honestly cannot even begin to have a clue as to what you're talking about. Aya's info = 0. Yikes. Please help. Thank you so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:18 pm
Aya Azura
Thanks Nuri. Ayayay! So then how do I find out if what I'm reading is right, or a bunch of babble by ignoramuses? Where did you guys find your information, and where can I get the books. I honestly cannot even begin to have a clue as to what you're talking about. Aya's info = 0. Yikes. Please help. Thank you so much.

Talk about it with other people (I'd suggest here, but there are other good places too), and more importantly, don't just read books you find in the metaphysical section. History, Psychology, Anthropology....a bazillion others are just as important resources as anything else.

I started with Cunningham when I started--not worse for the wear for it. The trick is keeping a critical mind open as you read. Ask questions of the text itself.

We all started somewhere. Vastly different backgrounds, but all started somewhere.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:23 pm
Reagun, I don't have to. All I have to do is show that you said that it isn't entitled to claim it's own history.

reagun ban
Aya Azura
I've been reading Correllian though, which is Cherokee, Scottish folk religion, wicca, and Spiritualism, which is why I have more of a Spiritualistic idea based on the Divine instead of separatee Goddess, which is weird, because I have a matron.

No. It's not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:32 am
TeaDidikai
Reagun, I don't have to. All I have to do is show that you said that it isn't entitled to claim it's own history.

True. I should have just said "prove it".  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:44 am
Guess I took the short-circuited logic route on it, then. I figure that ~W, ~X, ~Y, or ~Z is enough to refute a claim of (W^X^Y^Z).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:15 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Guess I took the short-circuited logic route on it, then. I figure that ~W, ~X, ~Y, or ~Z is enough to refute a claim of (W^X^Y^Z).

It's been a while since I studied boolean maths outside of CS.
Are you using ~ for ! and ^ for &&?
Such that !(W||X||Y||Z) refutes (W&&X&&Y&&Z)?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:37 pm
reagun ban
Henry Dorsett Case

Are you using ~ for ! and ^ for &&?.
Yes, but !(W||X||Y||Z) would equate to (!W&&!X&&!Y&&!Z)--DeMorgan's Law? don't remember--as in blanket denial. If you only meant to say that Corellian wasn't Wicca, (!W||!X||!Y||!Z) refutes (W&&X&&Y&&Z).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:34 pm
TheDisreputableDog
reagun ban
Henry Dorsett Case

Are you using ~ for ! and ^ for &&?.
Yes, but !(W||X||Y||Z) would equate to (!W&&!X&&!Y&&!Z), as in blanket denial. If you only meant to say that Corellian wasn't Wicca, (!W||!X||!Y||!Z) refutes (W&&X&&Y&&Z).
Bingo. Using ~ for "not", ^ for "and", and v for "or", ~(W^X^Y^Z) = ~W v ~X v ~Y v ~Z. All it takes is one negative to refute a combined interdependent positive.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces