78%  [ 36 ]
:stare:
21%
 21%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 46

Pixelated Awesome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:52 pm
DR490N
if you had been reading at all you would realize that those of us who do claim to be vampiric do not believe in the traditional vampire, as in 'nosferatu', which is a german vampiric myth

Thank you, for being a jerk. I appreciate it. x.x

Anyway, Nosferatu means "vampire" in another language. I did not MEAN to portray Bram Stoker. *shudders in disgust* Foolish portrayals of a demented Irishman mind, as said by Anne Rice.

I read just fine, thank you. And, i'd like not to argue. Waste of my time. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:45 pm
well i'm going to argue anyways. Nosferatu does not specifically mean 'vampire', though since Murnau's Nosferatu film, the meaning has indeed been interpreted as such. Nosferatu DOES mean vampire, but it is a specific term for vampire, local to a certain part of germany, or perhaps yugoslavia, with its own vampiric story accompanying it.  

DR490N

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:40 am
DR490N
you would claim that the vampiric condition is of my own mind's creation? I never wanted it in the first place, and now that i have it, i make the best of it. if it were of my own creation, i would not be able to use it to adversely effect others, as i have done on many occasions.

Nonetheless, your mind is already made up. there is no point in arguing with one so foolhardy as to close their mind because society says something is impossible. dwell in your ignorance, but we exist nonetheless.

Yes, I would claim that, even if not an intentional one. Paranoia, OCD, Manic Depression, Schizophrenia, and hosts of other mental conditions are "of the mind's creation." Generally due to chemical imbalances, not desire, of course, but this sets the standard for unwanted afflictions.
I am probably the most open minded person I know. I am also highly scientifically minded. If something exists, there is an explanation for said phenomena. This explanation will generally fit in with what has already been empirically verified. If it does not fit in with previous observations, then either all previous observations, or the new observation, is incorrect.
I would love for you to show me one iota of proof that vampirism exists. I'm not being sarcastic either, I would love for you to do so. The implications would be profound.

However, I'm going to draw a parallel for you to help you understand my position. If I'm walking, let us say, through a mall, and a man walks up to me and says, in a serious tone, "I am Jesus Christ." I'm going to be skeptical. I will, of course, ask for proof. The means through which the claim can be demonstrated are varied, I'm sure. And if the person is speaking the truth, the claim shouldn't be hard to prove.
But, until proof is provided, there is no reason I should believe such a fantastic claim based solely on the merit of a stranger's word.

The same applies to vampirism. Of course, vampirism is a bit less extreme of a claim than the Christ example, but the same rules apply. I'm supposed to take, at your word, that you have a metaphysical condition that you can't provide proof for.
On top of that, you refuse any scientific explanation, and claim that such is impossible. By doing so, you're essentially claiming that you know 'everything' about a condition you can't even empirically verify exists.

I'm willing to accept proof, if you have it, but you're not willing to accept alternate explanations.
Who's close minded now?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:16 pm
i never said i was unwilling to accept alternative explainations. there is indeed proof, but it's proof one has to see in person. as i stated, i have indeed drained a friend to the point where he did not have the energy to walk. i felt the energy enter my body, and he claims he felt it leave his and move in my general direction. what i am saying, is that the thousands of us that are out there are likely sufficient to disprove those possible explainations. were ou to pull your head out of your a** and type in something like "modern vampirism" or "psychic vampirism" on google and actually try doing some research, or perhaps picking up some of hte better known and authoritative books like michelle belanger's "the psychic vampire codex", then perhaps you might be willing ot accept the possibility that indeed much of this is plausible and perhaps true. But again, you have shown that your mind is already made up, despite my attempts to explain it to you calmly. so be it. in the end it is your own choice what you believe, and if you choose not to believe in us, that's fine. wait till theres more of us, and more and more until you have no choice but to accept it. yes, the term 'vampire' is most likely erroneously attributed. i state even in my profile that i find it a rather incorrect term. however, it is the term we use because it is what is closest to us in mythology, and perhaps for other reasons as well. i'm not too familiar with the begginnings of the modern vampire community, though i would venture to guess it began sometime in the 1800s or more likely became organized with the advent of the internet. regardless, we are here and most of us are refusing to hide what we are and who we are anymore.  

DR490N

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:49 pm
I believe in them, but I'm not one.

I'm also very fascinated in them, and love books, movies, etc.

In fact, I play 3 different vamp RPGs. razz

I believe in both the traditional, blood vampires, and in psychic vampires.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:08 pm
i never could get into the RPGs...even before my awakening a few friends tried to get me into it and i had no interest, i've no interest in most vampire films either, and in fact have grown to despise most of them for their varied innaccuracies...plus i hate my kind being portrayed as vicious psychopathic killers. it's no different to me than portraying the pre-roman celts as savages with no homes and human sacrifices, none of which is true, though it is often found in film, but that's another story.  

DR490N

Aubrey of the sliver line

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:44 pm
DR490N
i never could get into the RPGs...even before my awakening a few friends tried to get me into it and i had no interest, i've no interest in most vampire films either, and in fact have grown to despise most of them for their varied innaccuracies...plus i hate my kind being portrayed as vicious psychopathic killers. it's no different to me than portraying the pre-roman celts as savages with no homes and human sacrifices, none of which is true, though it is often found in film, but that's another story.

I like the rpgs but YAY you share my ideals!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:01 pm
well that's because i'm right, of course(is affecting the typical dragon arrogance)  

DR490N

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces