Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Rather odd question about spirits/

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:44 pm
This doesn't really have all that much to do with any pagan paths, but this seemed like a good place to ask, considering someone here might have some experience with such things. And it's actually a few questions.

So, to get straight into things, behind and a little bit away from the house I live in, there's these woods. Several people I know (who are inclined towards psychic abilities), including myself, have had bad experiences in these woods.

I won't go into these other people's experiences, since I didn't have them myself, but I'll describe mine. I'm something of an empath, but only with more spiritual beings really. Upon entering these woods (don't ask why I entered. I'm kind of dumb sometimes), it was almost like I was hit with a physical wave of hatred and anger. Almost like something in those woods doesn't like company. As I went further in, with my friends, the path seemed to close in front of me, and I could see a wavering in the air, like when you're looking over a fire. Further in, everything was just dead. Grass, trees, plants. Everything. I also couldn't hear any animals.

A little further, because I had yet to get the hint, there was an almost perfectly circular patch of living woods, where I couldn't feel those sensations any more. Going back towards my house, the feelings got even stronger than before, to the point where I can't even remember how I got out of the woods, just that I must have hauled a**.

Now, for a bit of back story, other friends (who I do trust to be telling the truth) found, sometime before this occurance, some things back there. This was before all the plants and such died. The ones who were more magically inclined, found some type of patterns drawn into the ground, and in the center of them were dead birds. The birds had not died natural deaths, as well.

To wrap things up (this is way long), I think something got called up back there. Knowing this area, I think some teens were screwing around with things one should not be screwing with, unless you know what you're doing.

So, questions...I don't know much about summoning up things, or the like. I stick to herbal magic and divination, so I have no experience with this stuff.
1) Is it possible to call up such things without actually knowing what you're doing?
2) Do these things tend to just stay in certain areas? Nothing odd's ever happened outside of those woods. Just inside of them.
3) Is it better to just leave these things be, or should I look into finding someone who does know what the hell they're doing?
4) What could be up with that circular patch of living stuff? Holy (in any sense of the word) ground?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:35 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
1) Is it possible to call up such things without actually knowing what you're doing?

Absofreakinglutely. In my religion, there are all sorts of ways in which people talk to spirits, and some of them have no clue as to how to call up protection. The mother of someone I know went a little crazy while using the Oija Board to give a message to someone on the phone. All anyone knows is that she cried out in terror and now has been heard muttering that someday, the man in black will come back to claim her.

AngryRobotsInc.
2) Do these things tend to just stay in certain areas? Nothing odd's ever happened outside of those woods. Just inside of them.

Sometimes spirits do not progress or they get trapped by someone binding them to a certain spot. Do not ask me how to bind a spirit, I do not know, nor would I want to know. Some of these spirits are very angry people who were angry/dangerous in thier physical lives. I have yet to encounter a spirit that could physically hurt me, but I have met several that would turn the hair on my head white if I let them "into" me. I am a dark brown/red head btw.

AngryRobotsInc.
3) Is it better to just leave these things be, or should I look into finding someone who does know what the hell they're doing?

Although I doubt the validity fo the bird corpses and what not, it would be best to avoid the area in which you feel the most like lying on the ground and crying because of all of the emotions that you are being presented with. There are not all that many self professed mediums who could actually do anything, if indeed the entity is a spirit. People who are like Sylvia Brown would be helpless and indeed, if they felt anything at all, would likely go mad. Many of your local pastors would also be of very little help. I do not know if you ever saw my thread on spirits in M&R in which a family had a dark entity in the house, and a good entity. And how after the house was blessed by he local church, the dark entity stayed and the light entity completely vanished. I have been to house that were blessed, and no, they are not ones in which I wanted to spend the night in. Screw that. For as much as I know, so people have told me, I am also not stupid enough to deal with things without some help.

AngryRobotsInc.
4) What could be up with that circular patch of living stuff? Holy (in any sense of the word) ground?

This is probably the easiest part. Either it is Holy ground, or there is some spirit that is protecting that area for some reason. Some spirits have been known to guard areas in which thier loved ones died or were buried or where they met thier first love or any number of sentimental reasons.  

jaden kendam

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:45 pm
deadmanjake

Although I doubt the validity fo the bird corpses and what not, it would be best to avoid the area in which you feel the most like lying on the ground and crying because of all of the emotions that you are being presented with.

I know a bunch of kids run around here claiming to be "hardcore Satanists." From what they've told me, they're more likely kids trying to rebel. Most likely, that's where the bird corpses came from. We have an abundance of dumb a** kids in this area, who would be more than willing to kill birds for stupid reasons.

I've stayed out of those woods since then. I'd just been wondering about it lately, and not knowing much about these things myself, came looking for more information. All I know is I plan on keeping my son the hell out of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:12 pm
Is it possible to summon without having a clue? Depends on what you are trying to summon. Some things enjoy playing hopscotch across the worlds. Others not so much.

As to if said "things" stay in one place- that would well depend on what thing it was.

If we had the symbols that were drawn, we might be able to take a better stab at what "they" are- if it is indeed something other that psychodrama compounded with either natural growth patterns and the like.

Were I in your shoes, I would "leave things be". Were I in my shoes and there- I would likely be bitching about idiots not knowing what the frell they were doing and cleaning up after their mess.

That is to say- if you can avoid it, do so. Don't go looking for folks to "fix" it. People who can fix it will find it on their own and as long as you 1) Don't know what "it" is and 2) Don't need to be there- there isn't a reason for you to do so.

As to the spot that is "alive", I'd have to look at it myself to figure out what it was.  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:20 am
AngryRobotsInc.

Yes. Ever hear that story about calling things up from the Goetia...
Quote:
There were symbols on the ground. A lot of kids like to look at fancy symbols in books and try them out to see what happens. In a lot of the books of fancy symbols, bindings are worked in to the patterns. So by no fault of their own they may have bound it, and were just too stupid to put it down again.

That's giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Quote:
You could look in to finding the baby satanists and get them to clean up after themselves, but they'd probably just make it worse. If they told you what it was they tried to do, and how it went wrong, it might be easier to make it right. However, that relies on them being cooperative.

But as Tea said, don't go about looking for people to fix things. They'll come about when they're supposed to. You're probably better off not meddling in things at all.
Quote:
Possibly. There are a bunch of possibilities as to what it could be.

Just as an interesting side note, if you were living in Ireland I'd say it was possible it was the Sidhe causing the devastation. I've had similar experiences in holly/hawthorn forests that were singularly unpleasant.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:34 am
AngryRobotsInc.

Tragically Easy. sweatdrop

Quote:

Sometimes.
A Genus Loci is bound to area it is in by it's very nature.
Also, it depends on why and how it's there in the first place.

Quote:

Well...
I'm a meddler, so I say, if you percieve something is amiss, and it seems you do, it is best to investigate thoroughly...
But remember, just as important as getting someone who knows what they are doing is getting someone you can trust to help.
Do keep in mind, pokign at whatever it is may draw it's attention. Be prepared.

Quote:

Circles are fun geometry.
Lots of different bits of the arcane like circles...
Idjits have who have read one too many books from the Occult section of Borders are also fond of them.
Beyound that, a circle is a 2 dimensional figure wherein all points along the boundary are equi-distance from the center... And a common shape for craters from explosions and the like... it could jsut be the after affect of something that happened.
Certain magics leave resonances, not unlike the radiation left after a nuke blows.  

Fiddlers Green

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff