Reply Fantasy Books Guild
The Death Gate Cycle

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fce5c7a32187df1c0a5ebcaa2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:03 pm
A series of seven awesome books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. They're officially my favourite books ever.

In order, they are:
Dragon Wing
Elven Star
Fire Sea
Serpent Mage
The Hand of Chaos
Into the Labyrinth
The Seventh Gate

Anyone else read them? If so, which book is your favourite, and who's your favourite character? Haplo and Alfred (and the dog) are my favourites, and Zifnab comes in third. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:34 pm
Hmmmm, sounds cool, I'll have to check it out.  

JRay18

knightoftheblacksky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:58 pm
I read up to fire sea of that series it's good but not the best, some of Margaret Weis and tracy Hickman are better, like the dragon lance books that they wrote.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:12 am
I own the first 4 books, but I haven't gotten around to reading them. I guess I'll have to give them a shot now. biggrin  

portofships

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:43 pm
Yay! Death Gate Cycle!!!!!
That has to be the most quotable series in the world
Definetly Haplo  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:05 pm
I just bought Dragon Wing & Elven Star from a second hand store. Cant wait to see how they are! I will be looking for the rest of them as well =D
-edit- I just found 4 more of them and bought them. Now I'm only missing book number 5. XD I'll be reading this series after Im done with my current one mrgreen  

Batnamz

Zeke Lanistter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:14 pm
ive read 2-4  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 am
Only read four of the seven, but I ADORE them and am looking forward to reading the rest. So far the first two books are my favourites. The best character? Geez, I don't know...Haplo and Alfred are great, of course, but Bane and Hugh from Dragon Wing really fascinated me.  

MinervaEvenstar

Kimeira

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:07 am
I swopped the entire series for a spare copy of the Lord of the Rings - guess St.Gloom didn't think they were very good. I've read them all, but that was about five or so years ago so, while I remember that I enjoyed them very much, I can't really remember which of the characters I liked the most. I think my favourite book was The Labyrinth, but I can't really recall.

Clearly, they need to be read again.

P.S: Lest anyone think I am daft enough to swop Tolkien for ANYTHING, I just want to make it clear that the copy I swopped was one of six - I made the mistake of telling my whole family that I wanted the books, in the hopes that one of them might actually get it for me, and they ALL did. Heartwarming, but annoying. That is one bigg-a** book.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:46 pm
i've read them all and they r great!!!!!!!
my favs are dog, alfred, zifnab, and haplo. ^^
all the characters are great though.
My fav book was the end book.
i still love zifnab whenever he pops in with his dragon and goes crazy. the best part is when he's sane for a moment and tells of what he saw as the world ended. I love it when fantasy books use our time as part of the past razz  

violet angel 824893

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:40 am
I thought it was awesome how they did magic a little differently then most people.
The sigils were awesome  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:23 pm
i have read them, my roommate could never get past the prologue so she gave them to me. i devoured them in about a week. My favorite character in the series is Hugh so I really like any of the books he is in.  

koorimefiregirl

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff