Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Writers need a beta!? (Editor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonLover

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:55 pm
For fanfiction!!? Well If you want to be a beta or need one! You will be put on a list! Age is a good thing to know, because not all fanfic is clean! sweatdrop So make sure you put a warning on it before you ask! Also, what anime. manga, book, movie it is about! ^^ Just post what you need or look through the list and PM them!

Fanfic Beta's! People will stay on this list unless they ask to be taken off!

DragonLover (Anything)
Altair Kingsfeather (Only PG-13 stuff and under)
SnarkyGirl101 (Only PG-13 and under)
Aroukeh (Anything)

Fanfic Writers, Who Need a Beta! People who dont need one anymore, will be taken off! Please PM me when you dont need to be on this list anymore!

Altair Kingsfeather  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:17 am
What does a Beta do?  

Lady Pole
Crew

DragonLover

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:31 pm
Lady Pole
What does a Beta do?

Helps people with spelling that they dont catch when writing, and helps if you dont know what to do with a story line, or to say if they understand it when they read it! Its just to make sure everything is going well when writing, because you might not always catch it, or write it in a way others can see what you see when you write! You know?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:36 pm
Ooh, that's great!  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Altair Kingsfeather

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:20 am
YAY!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:30 am
Oh happy day! We have a new beta woman!! YAY!!  

DragonLover

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Aroukeh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:04 pm
Hi, I'd like to be a beta. smile As for ratings/age and stuff, I'm sixteen so it doesn't really matter if fanfic is PG-13 and under or above that ... so basically I will read over any fanfics, regardless of how "clean" it is.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:47 pm
<3  

DragonLover

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:53 pm
I volunteer to be a beta! I love reading stories and my grammer and spelling are pretty good, modesty aside. I am also very creative and can help with plot bugs and slow spots in a story. So if you need another beta, I gladly volunteer! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:47 am
I'd like to BE a beta!!!  

Lhia Dunwaith

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
Hang on a sec, guys. There shouldn't be any need for a beta for PG-13 rated material, because that's not allowed in this guild. Sorry, I'm using my sister's account!!! PLEASE- if you do see any PG-13 materials, report it to one of the Lit Forum Crew!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:18 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith
Hang on a sec, guys. There shouldn't be any need for a beta for PG-13 rated material, because that's not allowed in this guild. Sorry, I'm using my sister's account!!! PLEASE- if you do see any PG-13 materials, report it to one of the Lit Forum Crew!!!

But what if it is for a fanfiction for somewhere else? What if someone needs help with something that is PG-13 that isn't going to be shown in the guild? Wouldn't that be okay?  

Lady Midori

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:42 pm
Lady Midori
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

But what if it is for a fanfiction for somewhere else? What if someone needs help with something that is PG-13 that isn't going to be shown in the guild? Wouldn't that be okay?

I've been confused about the purpose of this thread since the first post.
Maybe I just don't understand, but it seems like this thread using FoEM to advertise for an outside activity.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:21 am
Lady Pole
Lady Midori
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

I've been confused about the purpose of this thread since the first post.
Maybe I just don't understand, but it seems like this thread using FoEM to advertise for an outside activity.

I'm really confused too! sweatdrop confused  

Lady Midori

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:49 pm
I'll be a beta  
dead threads - do not post

Manage Your Items