Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Drawing down the moon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:26 pm
I recently bought this book by Margret Alder (sp?) I must say its really interesting. I was just wondering what others thought about this book if they had read it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:41 am
I read it last in the nineties and I think my biggest htought was that it was a good basis but something like it needed to be done again. It was certainly a good faith effort, but things are in flux in botht he pagan and the New Age movements. Also, if I recall correctly, DDtM was very US-centric; I'd like to see something new which acknowledged the new/old religious movements in other countries as well.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Starlock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:28 am
Five stars and is always on my must-read recommendation list despite that some of it is a bit dated. Much of the general comments she makes about the Neopagan movement remain more or less accurate. If you want a more recent census-type appraoch, go check out "Voices from the Pagan Census" by Helen Berger.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:50 pm
I really like so far. Its been updated to include new info and stuff since the last publishing. I'm about halfway through it right now.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

xxx-The_Cookie_Demon-xxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:51 pm
it's ok but just gives basics ill give it four stars  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:24 pm
Elerria
it's ok but just gives basics ill give it four stars

Considering that DDTM doesn't offer any instruction, what do you mean about covering the basics?  

maenad nuri
Captain

godhi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:45 am
Neko_Bast
I really like so far. Its been updated to include new info and stuff since the last publishing. I'm about halfway through it right now.

The most recent edition I've read of Drawing down the Moon was from 1992. Is there are more recent edition available?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:20 pm
godhi
Neko_Bast

The most recent edition I've read of Drawing down the Moon was from 1992. Is there are more recent edition available?

well......I know she did a update in the 80s. I think the one i have is a new edition, it talkes about stuff in the 2000s. I actually just finnised it today. it was very interesting.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items