Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
What kind of milk should I drink? :o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hydroh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:00 pm
Okay, so milk is one of my faaavorite things to drink, but I'm not sure what kind is the most appropriate to drink. My mom always buys 2% reduced fat milk, but is that good enough? I know it has less calories and fat than whole milk, but doesn't that also mean it has less vitamins and minerals? And wouldn't that hinder weight loss? o.o
I'm so confusedd xd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:20 pm
As far as I know it doesn't have less vitamins/minerals just less fat. Check the labels at the store then you'll know.  

Wrathful Rain

Tipsy Smoker

7,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100

Moonecho

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:42 pm
Skim milk is just gross. xD
I swear by 2%, it's all I'll drink. (As far as milk goes)

Whole is a bit much, too rich if you drink a lot, as you say you do.
2 percent pretty much gives you the best 'bang for your buck', as they say. ;D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:29 pm
Okay, thanks. 4laugh

hydroh

Alchemical

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:30 pm
I can personally only drink skim.. It's what my mom used to buy me when i was a kid and anything else tastes super nasty to me. Like pure lard.

But I switched to organic a while back. It honestly tastes a lot better, it's much sweeter and not watery. Plus, it doesn't have any weird additives.

So if you still want to try skim, try an organic brand.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:47 am
my mom told me when i asked her if i should drink whole milk so i have more protien, she said that it has the same amount of protien it skim and in whole.

as for vitamins it should have the same also, beside that fat.

i like mostly everything that is diet, or fat free, so i drink skim milk.

you can drink what ever kind you want, but try not to drink whole since it does have more fat, anything reduced fat is better than all the fat.

in my house we have lots of milk, skim, whole, and 1% milk, so i do have a chocie of milk. maybe you can try different types of milk and see what one you like best and try to go with that. get a 1/2 of gallon of a different kind for a few weeks, ask your mom to so that you can know if you are able too, maybe have the whole family try it.

Edit: whole milk has 6% vitamin A, and skim has 10%. whole milk has 10% vitamin C and skim has 2%. all the other vitamins and minerals are the same. vitamin C is found in fruit so you can just eat fruit and gain some vitamin C that might be lost when you reduce your fat in milk.  

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

The Eternal Optimist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:25 pm
Alchemical
I can personally only drink skim.. It's what my mom used to buy me when i was a kid and anything else tastes super nasty to me. Like pure lard.

But I switched to organic a while back. It honestly tastes a lot better, it's much sweeter and not watery. Plus, it doesn't have any weird additives.

So if you still want to try skim, try an organic brand.

I only drink skim as well because that's all we've ever had in my house... never tried the organic kind though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:50 am
Well, most people say skim milk is nastey because it has a watery taste.
Dx

Though I usually drink 1%.
3nodding  

Hayatochi

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:15 pm
Skim milk contains every single bit of the protein and vitamins that higher-fat milk contains. The only thing missing is the fat. You also might try non-fat soymilk such as Westsoy, though that too is a bit watery, because you can get it in plain or in vanilla flavor. My favorite soymilk is Silk brand, which doesn't have a nonfat version, but is very tasty, and is also organic. I cook with that, but when I want to have an actual cow-origin or goat-origin milk product, I go for cheese or yogurt. Non-fat or low-fat only.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:49 am
I love milk.

The best you can drink is sklim milk or soy milk but the one with the best taste and health is 1% as far as I'm conserned.

Sarena128

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:03 pm
I love skim milk.
I don't find it tastes any worse than other kinds of milk.
Milk on a whole, I think, is pretty unecessary to a healthy diet.
Sure, they go on and on about how good it is for you...but really, what other animal continues to drink milk after they've grown?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:33 pm
SKIM MILK!

If you drink one cup aday you will lose weight while going on your diet!  

xXRachie RaeXx

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games