Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Healthy Meals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hayatochi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:52 am
Well, excerzise is good, though you can't get go to McDonalds and eat 5 double cheeseburgers after and hours workout.
D:

So I made this to share some healthy meals.
You can post your recipies for the meals you like, and a few of those naughty carb meals for speical ocasions. ^^

---

Here is one of mine. ^^
Cucumber Tea Sandwhich

Ingrediants [Sp? D:]-
Whole wheat bread [If you can]
Cucumber
Cottage Cheese [Low Fat reccomended]
Dill or Parsly
Deli Sliced Ham [Or regular ham if you like]
Any cheese of your liking

Utensils [Sp? D:]-
Knife
Microwave [!Optional!]

What to do-
First, mix the cottage cheese with the dill or parsly, whichever you choose, once it looks like the flavors have ben blened, you spread some on 2 slices of bread.
Then you get your ham, now I chose ham because pork can be somwhat lean, and I don't think salmi would be that healthy, then if you have deli sliced, spread it out and put it on the bread, and put as much as you want for how think you want it to be.
Next you get the cheese and put howmuch you desire on the other slic eof bread.
[[v This part is optional v]]
Put it together and pop it in the microwave until the cheese just gently melts because the cottage cheese wouldn't taste that well hot.

Okay, now you can get on with the cucumbers.
Skin the cucmber if you like since the skin can be tough.
Then cut into thin slcies and pack it on the middle of the sandwhich.
Put as much as you desire for a crunch. I would usually put about 2 layers and that's about it.

Once that is done, you can if you want, cut off teh crust and slice the sandwhich.
If not, you can just enjoy it as it is.

I like to have milk with it. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:04 pm
No offense, but that sounds kinda gross xp

Oh, and I don't really have a special food recipe, so I have nothing to post sweatdrop  

Kaego

Captain Cuddles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:11 pm
That sounds good, maybe I'll try it sometime heart  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:04 pm
One of my Faves for like dinner is

Some pasta with a little sauce,a Slice of bread and "i cant belive its not butter" A glass of milk and a small side salad or applesauce(or any fruit) Its very balanced and fills you up just right  

Tooth^Brush

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:01 pm
Tooth^Brush
One of my Faves for like dinner is

Some pasta with a little sauce,a Slice of bread and "i cant belive its not butter" A glass of milk and a small side salad or applesauce(or any fruit) Its very balanced and fills you up just right

Thats like, 75% carbs.
Carbs are best saved for the middle fo the day.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:13 pm
My favorite meal is salad.

Today I had a good dinner.

I had a salad with cubes of cheese
[skim, 2% or reduced fat blocked cheese. not a lot of it either just to have a good taste and have dairy.]
lettuce [try not packaged mixed lettuce. you want it not cut already. it tastes better fresher.]
croutons (sp?) [reduced fat is nice]
italian dressing [fat free]

Then I also had a fruit salad. only of an apple, and a banana. i also added lemon juice, only a tiny bit since banana doesnt taste so great with it, but the apple seems to stay fresher (since i ate the real salad first)
[1/2 of apple and 1/2 of banana saves calories but fruit is good to have.]

instead of croutons, you could have some bread. [a small piece, but enough. with no butter.]

the real salad is about 125ish.
bread i can't choose how much that is, but you can find out.
and the fruit salad with whole fruit will be 140, and with half it is 70.

oh yeah and fruit salad makes a great snack also.

uh.. yup that is mine idea of a good meal, it has most food groups.
[grain, fruit, veggies, dairy, some fat in cheese] but if you wanted added beans, or meat to your salad. or nuts in your fruit salad.  

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:16 pm
Mmm. Great ideas for slads rose.
Plus, the cheese adds tons of protein, and really isnt THAT bad for you if you choose a nice healthy kind.
I always have those DQ grilled chicken salad (not the crispy chicken, it adds like 200 calories X_X) with the fat free italian dressing.
It's like, 230 calories, and 29g of protein. So if I have to have fast food, thats what I have!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:30 am
I'm rather proud of the dinner I made last night.

Pan-seared lemon-basil chicken atop a bed of baby greens which had been dressed only with a teaspoon of walnut oil, freshly ground black pepper, and a little fleur de sel (literally, "salt flowers," a very delicate tasting variety of salt). On the side? Fresh cranberry relish. No, not cranberry sauce, which involves cooking the cranberries and losing the vitamin C.

Recipe: Pan-Seared Lemon-Basil Chicken

Butterfly two chicken breasts. Just set it on the counter, put your hand on top, and use the other hand and a knife to cut the meat open like a sandwich, but keep it joined on one edge. Open it up flat. Wash your hands, then salt and pepper both the top and the bottom of the meat, then sprinkle on a little garlic powder.

Sautee the meat on medium-low heat in a skillet which has been sprayed sparsely with a spray of canola oil. Flip when the edges have turned from pink to white and the smell of cooked chicken is in the air, about 5 minutes per side. Set cooked chicken atop a green salad, a half-cup of brown rice or couscous, or some other tasty and healthy "base." Sprinkle with a teaspoon or two of lemon juice. (You could also put some on the salad greens before the chicken goes on top of them.)

Put a tiny bit of dried or fresh basil right into the skillet, along with a quarter-cup of water. Let the water get to simmering temperature, then turn off the heat and use a spoon or spatula to rub the bottom of the skillet until all the chicken juice comes up. Pour the resulting sauce onto your chicken and salad. Garnish with a few pomegranate seeds if you have them, or some nuts.

Recipe: Cranberry Relish

In a food processor, combine:

1 pound fresh cranberries
1/2 Granny Smith apple, cored and seeded
1/2 seedless orange
1 C sugar or Splenda/sugar blend

If it's too dry to mix thoroughly, gradually add 1/4 to 1/2 C cranberry juice or orange juice. Grind until it's a fairly uniform color.

Put the relish in an air-tight container in the fridge for at least 12 hours (overnight plus a bit more; 24 hours is fine too). This will let the flavors mature.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games