Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Mood affects exercise?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does your mood affect your workout?
  yes..
  no...
  MEH
View Results

Volta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:31 pm
Does anyone else gain more energy from a certain mood? I do. Whenever I get mad, it adds up more motivation. It could be for any personal reson or anything...and I just go. When I'm happy I also go...but for some reason...anger is the mood that gives me the most energy and motivation. So what mood gets you to go for it?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:48 pm
I don't really know...I've never really think about my mood when I exercise...I just do it, you know? sweatdrop

hydroh

Volta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:37 am
lol I dunno...for some reason when I'm angry I just...go. I don't know how else to explain it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:48 am
We dunno sorry sweatdrop  

Tivicay

Browser

9,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:02 pm
I find if I'm sad I have crappy workouts.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:31 am
YES, absolutely. There's going to be a mood that you get in that almost requires you to work out. For some people it's anger, for some it's frustration, for some it's excitement or happiness, and for some it's even boredom. Whatever mood it is, take advantage of it. Add five to ten minutes to your daily workout when you're in that mood and feel you could go all day long until you burn it off.

It's the whole reason that some personal trainers do their best to psych you up by telling you you're a wimp; they think it's going to make you fight harder to prove them wrong. (They're mistaken, in my case; I've dropped a personal trainer who kept on with this kind of message even after I told her, "Look, you can't train me like you train a man. I need positive reinforcement.")

It's the reason that military units call cadence and insist on a lot of hoo-rah shouting; it gets people in the mood to give their all.

It's the reason cheerleaders exist.

That's the whole reason behind having an iPod -- so you can pick music that fosters your "workout mood." (I'm excited about this one. I just got an iPod as a "congratulations on losing 50 pounds" gift from my mother-in-law, and I'm going to use it today for the first time.)  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:53 pm
Divash
YES, absolutely. There's going to be a mood that you get in that almost requires you to work out. For some people it's anger, for some it's frustration, for some it's excitement or happiness, and for some it's even boredom. Whatever mood it is, take advantage of it. Add five to ten minutes to your daily workout when you're in that mood and feel you could go all day long until you burn it off.

It's the whole reason that some personal trainers do their best to psych you up by telling you you're a wimp; they think it's going to make you fight harder to prove them wrong. (They're mistaken, in my case; I've dropped a personal trainer who kept on with this kind of message even after I told her, "Look, you can't train me like you train a man. I need positive reinforcement.")

It's the reason that military units call cadence and insist on a lot of hoo-rah shouting; it gets people in the mood to give their all.

It's the reason cheerleaders exist.

That's the whole reason behind having an iPod -- so you can pick music that fosters your "workout mood." (I'm excited about this one. I just got an iPod as a "congratulations on losing 50 pounds" gift from my mother-in-law, and I'm going to use it today for the first time.)

Well said and it makes sense.

I've actually found my motivation in a rivalry forged in my judo class - some people look down upon such things and this girl can be a bit of a snot but I think her confidence is lacking like mine and when she pushes me, especially when she bests me in a tourney or practice, it pushes me not only to train in class, but to work out and improve physically! ^^  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games